how does ps learn to trust a poker room?

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I think it's fair for members to ask, how does pokerstrategy.com decide/know that a poker room is trustworthy? There are a bunch of other rooms that are not partners so presumably the ones that are, are safer.

Knowing that a room is partner with pokerstrategy gives me much more confidence in it but how do you guys know?
  • 12 replies
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      The sites build there own reputation really
      I.e
      Prompt payments
      Variety of games
      Promos
      Decent tournaments
      Sponsored players
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I hope it's more than that!
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I agree, it'd suck if PS was affiliated with a site that closes down with your entire bankroll.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      I agree, it'd suck if PS was affiliated with a site that closes down with your entire bankroll.
      Totally. And then they'd have a hearing or something, which would be postponed.
    • StyleAni
      StyleAni
      Bronze
      I really hope that they will give us some reasonable answer :)
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi Guys,

There was a similar question in the German Community before and Korn answered there. I've translated his answer into English for you below:

------------

When thinking about whether we would like to coperate with a new site, we find it helpful to keep the following checklist in mind:

1. Who is the company behind the site? What do we know about them? What can Google and other research tell us?

Positive Example: bwin.party, 888 listed on stock exchanges, large and well known.
      Negative Example: Random company registered in a PO Box in the Carribean.

2. Do we know something about the physcial company/officespace? Do they have an office? Where? How many employees do they have?

Positive Example: the same as above, but also e.g. PokerStars who have a lot of employees on the Isle of Man.
      Negative Example: Random company that you can find out very little about.

3. Who does the company belong to? Are key employees known?

Positive Example: You can find the employees of the big firms on Linked-In or similar, they give interviews or you meet them at industry conferences.
      Negative Example: Random company that nobody knows who is behind it.

4. If the site is part of a network, do they obey the network rules? Does the site have a parasitic business model?

There are many skins who have a business model based around the direct and indirect poaching of other players from other skins on the same network. They earn almost all of their money in this fashion. They don't bring any fish to the network and they frequently break network rules by supporting under the table deals for rakeback or by having opaque (non-transparent) VIP systems.

This is dangerous because the Network won't put up with this forever and will react. If a skin is kicked from the network, it might be that they decide not to start up again. Such sites often have just a 5% margin on the rake that they make but they control a number of large bankrolls (because lots of VIP players play there). There have certainly been cases in the past where some sites just couldn't resist the temptation.

-----

We basically will only work with sites where we can answer all of the above questions positively.

-------------------------

I hope this clears things up for you, but if you have other questions, please ask.

Btw, if you speak German, the original post from Korn is here.

Best,

Marc
    • valo111
      valo111
      Bronze
      CAN YOU HELP ME MARC PLEASE OR DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ME?

Hello support and Moderators ,can someone help me,my friend will send some money on your Nateller account,after that you to send me in my moneybookers account ,cause i dont use neteller acount.Please help me!

Edit by Moderator EagleStar88 - Hi valo, please refrain from requesting private money transfers in the forum.I have provided more detail in your other thread & in the Forum Principles
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Thanks Marc!

Valo: what the ?!.. :s_confused: a transfer of that sort cannot, and will not, be done.
    • valo111
      valo111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      Thanks Marc!

Valo: what the ?!.. :s_confused: a transfer of that sort cannot, and will not, be done.
      but firs he will sent money to your neteller than you send me to mb account way it cant be!!!
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Cos it's money not candy
    • valo111
      valo111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      Cos it's money not candy
      Really bad,cant someone help,its not a joke!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi valo,

Please see my post here and our Forum Principles.

I would also ask that you keep replies to the topic of the thread being discussed.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding.

Best regards,

Bart