blank post ignore!!

• 14 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Delano,

welcome to our community! :D i have to say wooooow, what a wonderful wall of text! :D

it makes me really happy to hear your passion for the game and your enthusiasm for learning. :) i agree that just knowing the bankroll management is already really important. but you know, it's only the beginning! there is still lots left to learn :) you will unlock more articles as you earn strategy points and move up in status. if you have questions about this, let me know. :) also if i were you, i wouldnt join new poker rooms without using the PokerStrategy.com links. we always get requests here from members who wish they could retrack their accounts (which is sadly not possible)

have you done the quiz yet and chosen where to get your starting capital?

holler back, we look forward to hearing more from you!

smiles,
      wendy
    • delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      deleted post
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ooh, you are bronze status now! there's a whole bunch of new articles and videos to keep you busy ;)

here is the information on status points and how you can move up.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/status-points

basically, it is register through any of these rooms through PokerStrategy.com. (or get the free $50 as you have done). you can join as many as you want. then play poker as you like :) . voila! strategy points! :D

to be honest, im really inspired by your passion for the game. i think i started out with the same kind of enthusiasm. :D im going to start taking notes today!!!

what are you up to today?
    • delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      deleted
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey delanonunes,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I've just seen you're about to become a Dad and I wanted to send my warmest congratulations!

I am a Dad to a beautiful 18 month old girl and she makes me smile and happy every single second of the day.

The first few weeks and days are tough but trust me it will be all worth it in the end.

Wishing you the best,

Gary
    • delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      Gary,
      Thank you ever so much, it still doesn't feel real yet, baby seems to be pitching up a tent in there...
      Congrats on your little girl too, you must be extremely happy, i know my heads on cloud nine these days and i've not met my little fella yet lol...
      Do you still manage to get on the tables or are you drowning in nappies?? ; )
      Del
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delanonunes
      Gary,
      Thank you ever so much, it still doesn't feel real yet, baby seems to be pitching up a tent in there...
      Congrats on your little girl too, you must be extremely happy, i know my heads on cloud nine these days and i've not met my little fella yet lol...
      Do you still manage to get on the tables or are you drowning in nappies?? ; )
      Del
      To be honest, I never really found the time to play for long periods. This was mostly down to work though and not the baby :)

I have only recently started to play again on a daily basis, but at the micros. I had a few very unsuccessful attempts at cash tables, as I'm more of a SNG/MTT player.

My fiancee went 2 weeks over so it can be a long wait, unfortunately. However, its very much worth the wait.

Keep us updated and I hope everything runs smoothly
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey delboy :D

you have a photographic memory??? wow are you serious? lucky :f_biggrin: should come in really handy for memorizing the starting charts.

doubling your starting capital may initially seem like good news, but actually it worries me a bit. have you read our bankroll management articles? really dont want you to go broke once you hit the inevitable unlucky streak. i urge you to check it out. its saved my roll lots of times during rough patches :)

giant :D at higher realm. do you mean the "martian" thing? or just being a girl? then 99% of the population here will probably disagree :f_biggrin:

congrats on your baby! best feeling in the world. :) . i think its also wonderful that your wife supports your hobby.

structuring your days to include analysis and review is a definite recipe for success. i love where this thread is going! :D . and you are always welcome to join gary! the more the merrier!
    • delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      deleted
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      haha! wow you did manage to find an old thread :D congrats! and glad to hear that everything seems to be coming along nicely. next time, you can use the search function on the left upper side of the page and type in your username ;)

i hope you get some answers to your elephant questions. i'm not sure if you've seen these:
      To the video: How to install the PokerStrategy.com Elephant

FAQ - Frequently asked questions about the PokerStrategy.com Elephant

Forum board - Elephant Support

what do you play anyway? im confused. you seem to have mentioned BSS FR (which i thought was cash game), but you mentioned ICM (which has to do with SNGs) and there's a little bit about stop-loss at 50bb (which i guessed was FL, since for NL we usually use stacks) :f_confused:

anyway, really happy to see you active here again. have you checked out our beginner's course? you might enjoy it :) check it out when you have time. it's a bit more structured so at least there is a guide to follow. Here's the course overview:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1992/1//
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Hi delanonunes !

First of all : Welcome to our community !!

I don't know what you wrote here(I ain't got the guts to read it ) but i will assume you wrote good things. :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:

I suggest you to start a blog and write smaller posts. :s_biggrin:

Good luck !
    • delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      deleted
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      you're very welcome of course.

i highly doubt anyone was annoyed ;) michellecip just wanted to welcome you :) he is great that way. and there are no word restrictions around here. hehe... maybe breaking up your paragraphs can help a bit with the readability tho ;)

if the elephant is driving you nuts, you can try Holdem Manager or Pokertracker except they aren't free. :( they both have free trials though so you can use one after the other. if you wanted to buy them, they can be found discounted in our PokerStrategy.com shop.

veriz will take good care of you in the beginner's course :)

see you soon and hope you continue giving updates!
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      best of luck at the tables and welcome