888 poker

• HabsnStanley
      HabsnStanley
      Bronze
      BEWARE ***888poker **** is a joke. Make sure to READ the fine print about their freeroll promo. Full of time restrictions. You have to play in the first $10,000 freeroll that's available to you after making a deposit. The other 7 freerolls have to be played in the first seven days. If you have a customer support issue,you'll be waiting DAYS for a reply. The $8.00 without a deposit free promo is cool. As soon as you start using that $8.00, they offer through live chat for you to make a deposit of $10,and you get another $10 instantly. Then you make a deposit. I use instadebit for deposits. Yet they want a picture of my ID and a picture of my credit card to confirm. I find this very strange and refused. They closed my account and won't give me my depositof $400.00 back until I comply with the pictures of my ID and credit card. I can't withdraw through instadebit because they closed my poker account. Very shady practice. Very strange to request pictures of my ID. I think that that's instadebit's concern if they had one. No other poker site has ever asked for pictures of ID and credit cards. Very frustrating to say the least.
  • 6 replies
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      I'm not sure how many withdrawals you've made on different poker rooms, however just for your information, most of the poker rooms demand a copy of picture ID, just like you had to, here on pokerstrategy, to get your free 50$.

The main reason behind this action is to prevent multiaccounts and moneylaundring.

good luck at the tables.
    • HabsnStanley
      HabsnStanley
      Bronze
      Thanks for that info about other sites. However I did not have to give a picture of my ID to get the $50 from pokerstrategy. nor did i have to for Pokerstars when I made a cashout.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Obviously not a blog, so will move into the 888poker forum board.

Just remember that ID checks are also there for your own protection and to ensure that you are the only person that can access your funds.

Whilst they can be frustrating at times and sometimes delay withdrawals, they are a necessary step and the poker room will help to guide you through the process.
      It is usually a one-off process and once all the necessary documents have been submitted you shouldn't encounter any more problems.

Hope it all gets resolved swiftly for you HabsnStanley, but a lot of this rests with yourself. Photo ID is pretty standard these days. All information supplied is covered under the Data Protection (or equivalent) Act, just check out the Privacy rules of the site if you still have any concerns.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

Bart
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Pretty standard.

I got checks from 888, Party, Poker Strategy, Full Tilt... I think Full Tilt was the worse. Didn't get one from Poker Stars but I have a very tiny BR there and never withrew.

On the other hand, I've seen Poker Strategy calling people and asking "what is a flop?" to make checks, that was pretty funny :f_biggrin:

My father was asked by poker strategy to send a picture of himself holding his ID. That may have been a tiny bit too much, and he got a bit pissed and wanted to give up, but I told him it was a serious business and worth it and eventually he did it (and does not regret it).

Like said, that's also for your own safety and for the safety of the whole system. Some people often complain online gambling is/may be shady but then when serious companies take security measures seriously those same people dislike it. Go figure.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      888 Poker is a joke in a sense that the support is very poor and make you wait an entire existence before you will be please with an answer (if you are lucky ;) ) but for what concern the ID and the suspended account it is pretty standard as play poker is still forbidden to under 18 years old people.

So, nothing wrong or personal against you mate just provide then with the required proof of ID and I sure it will be allright. :)

P.S. There are many other rooms around please don't come to play on 888 Poker if you are new of the room because honestly (and specially after FTP shut down) we are too many there and the fishes are beccoming not enough for all of us! :D
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      888 Poker is a joke in a sense that the support is very poor and make you wait an entire existence before you will be please with an answer (if you are lucky ;) ) but for what concern the ID and the suspended account it is pretty standard as play poker is still forbidden to under 18 years old people.

So, nothing wrong or personal against you mate just provide then with the required proof of ID and I sure it will be allright. :)

P.S. There are many other rooms around please don't come to play on 888 Poker if you are new of the room because honestly (and specially after FTP shut down) we are too many there and the fishes are beccoming not enough for all of us! :D
      Amen.