This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH JJ in BB

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10
      MP3:
      $13
      CO:
      $10.14
      BU:
      $11.35

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      MP3 calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.45, BU calls $0.45, SB folds, Hero calls $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.85) 9:spade: , 5:diamond: , 3:club: (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $1.1, BU folds, Hero calls $1.10, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($4.05) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($4.05) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.5, CO calls $1.50.

Final Pot: $7.05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows two-pair, kings and nines (Kh Kd)
      Hero shows (Js Jd)

CO wins with two-pair, kings and nines (Kh Kd)

My river bet is thin here and I hope to get called by pocket pairs 66-88. Possibly not the best spot though? Not sure what the alternative is, I think check/fold is too weak and I hate to check call here unless I know that the player is capable of bluffing. Also, will almost always bet more than my bet size with both bluffs AND hands that beat me.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

I wouldn't really say that it's off-play here. I would very likely bet the river as well while we might get called by worse, sometimes even leveled A high card plus we protect from him making some bigger bet. Although when he even does a bigger bet then we most likely can fold the hand since we wont beat much. So therefore overall it really comes to the reads you have on him.

Best regards.