This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AKs double barrel.

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $12.05
      MP3:
      $6.76

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , K:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.10) 8:club: , 5:heart: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.7, MP3 calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.50) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.4, MP3 calls $1.40.

River: ($5.30) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $3.8, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $5.30

Upon thinking about this hand I feel like I don't really like my second barrel since it doesnt really improve my range. Also I get more information about the villans hand if he checks it back. Also, I feel like if he calls the turn and any non-heart river comes, I'm obliged to fire the 3rd barrel.

Should I Maybe play Check/call on the turn instead? My logig usually suggests that If i'm going to check call the turn, I might as well just bet the turn and keep the initiative.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

The problem is that he is anyways a loose-passive player which may say that he is most likely going to Check behind there. Therefore while I wouldn't expect to have much fold equity I'd Check the turn rather than bet.

Best regards.