This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH 33 flopped set gone wrong.

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $15.81
      CO:
      $8.25
      BU:
      $19.63

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3:heart: , 3:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BU calls $0.30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.05) 6:heart: , 4:diamond: , 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.8, CO calls $0.80, BU calls $0.80.

Turn: ($3.45) 2:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

River: ($3.45) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1.00, BU raises to $18.53 (All-In), 2 folds, BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $6.45

Obviously I flop a set so make a C-bet (could proibably be more into 2 players.)

On the turn the 2 comes which I'm not overlay happy about. I feel like after calling the flop here players can have 44 55 66 77 88 99 TT JJ and some other combs like A5s 34s 45s 56s 67s A6s. I decide to check anyway as I would hate to get raised in this spot and both players check it back.

River comes an 8 which isnt the best card for me, but I decide to make a very small bet for value here. I figure there are a ton of hands that might call (A6s, 56s, 34s, 77, 99, TT, JJ) and very few that could raise. I think its almost impossible for this guy to show up with a bluff here but I have underepped my hand by checking the turn so should I just call it off?

I actually like how I played this hand, and am pleased I had the discipline to fold here. Maybe I've made a huge mistake?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

I'd definitely Bet the turn as well. It's not that likely that he has there a straight. But while we could still even get value from worse hands like overpairs/draws.

But as played of course there is no other way to play the hand, we are beat. :)

Best regards.