Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10
      Hero:
      $12.51

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5:diamond: , 4:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 9:heart: , 4:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.4, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.45) A:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1.00.

River: ($3.45) 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.46, BB calls $2.46.

Final Pot: $8.37

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, fours (5d 4d)
      BB shows (8h 8c)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, fours (5d 4d)

Another suited connector steal spot. I flop botton pair and decide to c-bet it here which I think is standard. He calls.

Turn is an ace. I figure he can be peeling the flop with a number of pocket pairs and the ace improves my range so decide to turn my hand into a bluff since I'm confident I dont have the best hand at this point. He calls again.

At this point I'm thinking that he probably has something like A9/A2, or has peeled me on the flop with A high and hit his ace and I am done with the hand.

River is perfect for me and I size my river bet according to the kind of hands I put him on and he calls it off.

I'm obviously to surprised to see his hand. Thats the kind of hand I want him to fold to my turn bet! Obviously I put a note on him.

Just wondering if my thought process for the hand is okay. Are we better to fire the second barrel on non A broadway cards?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Very good card for 2nd barrel. Although definitely note him down that he is capable of calling you down loose.

On non-broadways I wouldn't really consider 2nd barreling.

Best regards.