Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.25
      MP3:
      $12.95

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , J:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.70) J:heart: , 9:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.50) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP3 calls $1.00.

River: ($3.50) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.6, MP3 calls $1.60.

Final Pot: $6.70

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Ah Ac)
      Hero shows two-pair, kings and jacks (Kc Jc)

Hero wins with two-pair, kings and jacks (Kc Jc)

I decide to check call the flop which I think is standard.

I donk the turn because I don't want him checking back any big heart and I think I am getting action from some Jx hands (AJ/QJ) and every Kx hand that he could be c-betting the flop with (K9/T+).

River bet is small because I want him to call with 1 pair hands.

I don't often donk bet so I'm wondering if my reasoning is okay?
  • 2 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Fold or 3bet preflop, with KJ against a MP3 opening-range you cannot really play well postflop without initiative.

As played c/r the flop - you hit one of the best flops possible (TPGK + a ton of draws you can rep), so you should go for value.

As played on the turn it depends on the opponent, I think generally leading is ok but if he likes to 2ndbarrel scarecards, a c/r (or even a c/c if he can follow through) is an option.
      So w/o reads I lead, too.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bierbaer
      Fold or 3bet preflop, with KJ against a MP3 opening-range you cannot really play well postflop without initiative.

As played c/r the flop - you hit one of the best flops possible (TPGK + a ton of draws you can rep), so you should go for value.

As played on the turn it depends on the opponent, I think generally leading is ok but if he likes to 2ndbarrel scarecards, a c/r (or even a c/c if he can follow through) is an option.
      So w/o reads I lead, too.
      Interesting thoughts. I guess I'm more used to Veriz's evaluations.

3-bet or fold pre is probably better. What if I am on the button? Would it be okay to occasionally just call and play position?

On the flop I feel like I'm only getting called by hands that beat me and some draws if I check raise the flop. And I dont really like to play OOP vs a draw with a medium strength hand.