[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50, A7o bVb 4b

• TetraQuark
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 7.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $11.50, BB calls $6.75.

Flop: ($22.5) A, 4, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($22.5) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $12.00, Hero raises to $61.15, BB calls $29.10.

River: ($124.75) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $124.75.

Hi all!

Villain is a 14/12 overall 3b 7%, 3b from sb 20%, f24b 48%.

Guess the first mistake I made was 4b him given his his low f24b stat(or is it, maybe A7o actually has some value vs his wide flatting range?), honestly didn`t really looked at that stat then.

Have around 1.5k hands on him, know him from fr days, so obviousely he knows me too, therefor I can assume he will try to adapt, maybe even make mistakes doing that. He is a slightly winning player over almost 3mio hand, rb pro as one miht say.

So I am wondering how would you play this spot? Would you go for cbet/fold on flop? That just sucks. Would you induce like I tried too? I was pretty surprised by his hand, it showed me once again that stats can sometimes mean nothing and one must really pay attention to game flow and table dynamics.

Appreciate ur help!

EDIT; Pot at the end was 104$, converter seems to mess smth up...
  • 2 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      If he really calls too much 4bets than start 4betting hands like AJs,AQs,TT-JJ,KQs,KJs so you can play with them better postflop.(ofc 4bet QQ+/AK).

Few things about this hand:

Pre: you 4bet bluff

You find something strange with this ? Play passivly postflop and own him because of his huge flatting range and he calls 99-JJ,ATs+,AJo+ with which he pretty much crushes ur A7 on A x x.So check/call turn and probably check/fold river if u don't have enough reads he is 2 barreling there with air.
    • Kaitz20
      you shouldn´t fold tp hand postflop, so question is how to get maximum value from worse hands
      Since players would expect me to c-bet that board most of the times I´d go for small c-bet to 6$. This way he can play back to me or float me. After he calls I´d c/rai on the turn.
      Also I think it should be good line to c/c him down to let him barrel his air