$66.55
      SB (Hero):
      $82.40
      BB:
      $49.35
      MP2:
      $20.85

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      3 folds, BU raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $4.50, BB folds, BU calls $3.25.

Flop: ($9.5) 9, 4, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, BU calls $6.00.

Turn: ($21.5) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $11.50, BU calls $11.50.

River: ($44.5) T (2 players)
      Hero ???

Hi all!

Villain is 15/13, AF 5.0, f23b 71%, f2cb 80%(5) in 3b pot 0(1).

1. About turn cbet; K is not a bad card to barrel right? I mean I cbet this flop way more in 3b pot with AK, KQ type of hand, than he is floting me with those hands right?

2. What is optimal river action with his AFq being at 50% (6) and his AF 3.0? I guess if I c/c he can show up with some bluffs, but is he really making such move after my 2 barrels? I have a feeling I am up agains his top range if most of the time after two calls.
  • 2 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Gregor86

2. What is optimal river action with his AFq being at 50% (6) and his AF 3.0? I guess if I c/c he can show up with some bluffs, but is he really making such move after my 2 barrels? I have a feeling I am up agains his top range if most of the time after two calls.
      This 100% of the time.Also i semi-like the turn barrel mainly because of 2 reasons : He knows that if we got huge bluff range we are always 2nd barreling this + on the other side he knows that when u bet this card you should be either really weak or super strong so when he calls i think he does it with most of the time top of his range - sets , TT-QQ, and some T9s,89s.I guess everything except set or 2 pairs on the river is checking back so no point in check/calling ever so check/fold is best option.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I have a feeling I am up agains his top range if most of the time after two calls.
      - why would you then bet turn when you can´t beat his range after he calls. I generally like betting turn although against some players who would go crazy if I check I think c/c down is also fine

I think he would not call your big river bet with worse hands but I also don´t like to check and then likely would still have to call shove, since he would not shove there one pair hands, so his range is quite polarized to the nuts or air.

So instead of c/c I´d prefer b/c 5$-8$. This looks a lot like blocking bet, so he has there any reason to turn his made hands into bluffs and shove over my bet and at the same time I give him really good odds to call me down with worse hands