The Importance of Bankroll and The Humiliation of Begging

• fivesky55
      fivesky55
      Bronze
      Hi All,
      First of all, I would like to say hi to everyone that haven't know me and I know myself not a famous guy. A year joining in Pokerstrategy.com, but seldom post in the forum, maybe to describe myself a shy person with strong self learning.
      I am from the Asia Country of Malaysia, start to know Poker Game, start learning, reading, and studying poker miracles around 3 years ago. Started my real money play on Pokerstars last year and joined pokerstrategy also the same. All the days going through, I have played for cash games, Sngs, Mtts and even Steps Satellites offer by most Poker Rooms. But all these days, I have learnt, watch videos, joining coaching, reading strategy articles again and again but unfortunately I have found myself the biggest leaked in my part time Poker Career.
      As everybody knows, poker games always can't get away with the words variance and this is the biggest problem that I have missed out. It is such embarrassing for me posting now saying the importance of bankroll since I have already know and study in Poker for a total of 3 years or even more. I admit that I am a bit anxious to build a solid bankroll, since that it is difficult for me in Asia with my just enough surviving salary to save money for the 50x or even 100x of poker bankroll rule of thumbs. I am just a hardworking people who do my full time job by the day, and work out Poker on the night. I did not even have a high school certs, but I am lucky to learn English all by myself since I leave my school when I am only 13. So I think everybody maybe can guess what is my salary in my country!
      Maybe someone will laugh at me, or maybe someone with praise on me, with such ambitious to step into the poker world. But I never give up on my dream to be a Pro Poker Player someday. Just like Joe Cada, he just as poor as me last time facing all the financial problem. Lolx. I have choose poker maybe because I love maths, I am sensitives with numbers and it is an indoor relaxing game also can put me with hundred of thousands income career.
      Back to my subject, because Poker 1st and the most important rules are the bankroll. Once you have success in the bankroll control, you are already in a halfway success of poker world. Then only you should find yourself the game your play, updating your strategy, and do all the future hard work. I have learnt most of the strategy for the game, but I have missed out bankroll management. Just like today, I am begging for someone to stake on me... Make me a bad experience too since I did not fulfill the 300 posting for the Staking Application so get rejected. Maybe I am to anxious for getting and joining the coming WCOOP events and targeting to join ATTP MACAU on November 23-27 makes me hoping someone could stake me up and build a solid strong bankroll. Just frankly to says, if I have enough bankroll, I don't even think I will ask someone to stake me up. You can say me selfish, but just tell the truth that who want to share the profit since you know you can make it. Even-though I know I have already have the basic theoretical skill to the success, as everyone knows no matter what you do, back to the basic is the most to bring success but I am lack of bankroll. It is useless how strong you are in poker if you don't even have enough bankroll to cope it up.
      So I have made up my mind, no more asking for staking since I feel the humiliation of rejection and begging, and I will build up my solid bankroll grinding in only micro 18max Sngs to Big Event Mtts. I prefer to choose SNG mtts to build bankroll since it brings more than 6 times of buyin and only taking around an hour time for turbo game if you take it down. Even single table SNGs also a good place to build yet it offer around 4 times buyin with only around 30-40 mins to complete. Hoping I am able to build some and catch some MTTs to big boost my bankroll before the starting of WCOOP.
  • 8 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      I have a question.........

Do you know what paragraphs are?
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      Yeah, its just impossibly painful to read that jungle of text. I read the first and last sentence.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Good luck
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi fivesky55,

Good to see you posting an intro, always great to get to know members a little better.

In terms of the Staking section, I'm sure that you will understand the reasons why we have set a 300 post threshold. This is to help protect all our members from begging requests from new members with no history, references or credentials.

Of course, 300 is a very realistic target and quickly achieved by anyone who is active in the forum on a weekly basis.
      Members can increase their post count by taking part in the many onging poker discussions, helping to welcome other new members to PokerStrategy.com and by posting a small handful of sample hands from tricky situations that you would like a second opinion on, to name just a few legitimate ways of doing it.

I would agree with you that it is best to grind up a little more experience in tournaments before taking on the bigger events such as WCOOP or APT, especially if BRM has been a problem in the past. Maybe set yourself a longer term plan to achieve these next year or the year after and study hard to achieve success leading up to these.

Anyway, it's great that you have introduced yourself and we all wish you every success and look forward to seeing you more active in the forum in the coming weeks.

Best regards,

Bart
    • fivesky55
      fivesky55
      Bronze
      Hi Pocket Aces John,
      For sure I know what is a paragraph is. But maybe I didn't notice something earlier so just 1 shot typing every of the feeling inside my head. Thanks for your advice and will make more paragraph when writing next time.

Regards
      Five
    • fivesky55
      fivesky55
      Bronze
      Hi Cpwpoker,
      Nice to have your wishes, and for sure poker is a luck game too no matter how good or strong you are. Anyway your wishes are much appreciated...
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards
      Five
    • fivesky55
      fivesky55
      Bronze
      Hi Bart,
      Thank you for your explanation for the rules of staking. I am a daily surfer on pokerstrategy.com either in forum or strategy sections. It let me get to know and gain many since I joined pokerstrategy.com. Maybe I am better to discribe myself the type of shy, or did not know how to express myself much.
      I just feeling a bit frustrated that being just treated like a scam since I just don't really post many. Anyway, it is one bad experience for me anyway. And don't really want to ask for that staking anymore since I can't fulfill the requirements of staking.
      Also sometime I think that, if someone have a heart to scam, no matter how big and how often he post, he also can find a way to scam. Just like latest 'Girah' scam with such a high reputation, and how many thousands of post done by a member name 'cojunol' from Romania. They also work on with thousand of post, but indeed still doing a scam.

Maybe I think will be ok to just let the stakee to chose who their going to stake with, since they already know the risk of staking. Maybe a terms of as member to be seen through, instead of looking at someone who only love to post in forum. If I want to scam, there is no way to stop me because I just post something everywhere till 300 posting and start my scam work. Do I have the point here???

Anyway nice to see your kindly guideline to reach bigger events. Maybe I try to take some satellites to the events because my bankroll only allow me to do that. Also such a great offer from pokerstars too to let us taking small mega satellites to the event if join some live training by them.

Regards
      Five
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      best of luck at the tables and welcome