KeepYourChip SNG Blog

• KeepYourChip
      KeepYourChip
      Bronze
      About me

I’m 21 living with my girlfriend studying 2 days a week and I play poker as much as I can handle.
      I started playing poker before turning 18, I can’t recall how much before 18 but around 15-16ish and my mom saw Gus Hansen in television he just had won a billion $$$ somewhere, and she started to make me play online poker.
      Then after losing a fair chunk of her money and turned 18 she didn’t give me more money, but now the idea of making a living of poker was stuck inside me, and I took it to the next level. I started studying poker signed up for SNG Grinders, but most poker players biggest enemy “The Tilt man” showed up and I did something quite stupid. I had added 100$ at that time, and played 1$ SNG’s 4-6 tables at a time if I remember correctly, and then after feeling that the only reason I lost at the low stakes, was because they were all “newbies” and make sick calls, and sucked out on the river, so I took a shot at a 60$ SNG with the rest of my money, and then the crazy thing happened, I won. I kept playing the 60$ until I won around 3000-4000$ and I felt unbeatable. So of cause I quitted my job to become full time poker player..
      Well, all my poker knowledge was about the game poker, I had no knowledge about, swings, profit days, losing days, how to handle it all, so I went down with stress.
      I have played ever since I started with a few short breaks, but I have always wanted to make a living from poker, even now because now I have the knowledge about more aspects of poker than before.

Poker today

Today I have gotten myself a new computer to play poker on, so for those who enjoy some geeky numbers it’s a :
      Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz 15.98 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1.82 TB (128 GB flash disk)
      My goal is to become one of those multi table maniacs, with the ability to play 40+ tables.
      Currently I play 20 tables, and I’m in a bit of a hole right now, which is one of the reasons I’m making this blog.
      My old computer could only handle 10 tables or it would lag so much I wouldn’t be able to play, so when I started playing 3$ SNG 20 tables to see if I could handle it, and I had bankroll for 32$ SNG’s.
      I made myself play 500 SNG before allowing myself to move up in stakes (7$ SNG) and ended with a ROI% on 9.6% and figured that was good enough to move up in limit. But now after 280 7$ SNG’s I’m on -15.9% ROI.
      So I’m quite annoyed.

My current goals:

August/Current month:
      • Turn August to a winning month
      • Play more than 1500 SNG’s in August (I’m going crazy after the 15th)
      • Figure out if I’m staying with Holdem Manager 2 or 1
      • Look for a coach

Rest of this year:
      • Get up to play 15$ or 30$ SNG
      • Play 10000 SNG’s

Next year:
      • Become Supernova
      • Get to play 60$ or 100$ SNG

Last opdate 12-08-2011
  • 8 replies
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Cool story. Good luck.

What are you annoyed with? 15% on $7 is good
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      Cool story. Good luck.

15% is good, but -15% is kinda bad :P
    • KeepYourChip
      KeepYourChip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      Originally posted by matel17
      Cool story. Good luck.

15% is good, but -15% is kinda bad :P
      What he said..
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      lol sorry, missed the -
    • KeepYourChip
      KeepYourChip
      Bronze
      I haven’t figured out any goals yet, so they’ll come in a later post.

But I just got my license to play the Holdem manager 2 Beta, and so far I’m not too fond of it, because it lacks some standard SNG stuff (Maybe I have over looked them) so I’m not sure if I’ll switch back until they have fixed it.

So in poker news, I moved back down to 3.5$ and made a withdrawal, and trying to figure out what went wrong.
      I’m about breakeven in the first 100 SNG on 3.5$ but I’m not sure If I’m just unlucky or playing bad..
    • KeepYourChip
      KeepYourChip
      Bronze
      Main thread updated with goals. <3
    • KeepYourChip
      KeepYourChip
      Bronze
      A update on August month so far.

It's not going to well, and I hate that I don't know if its a downswing or just me playing bad.

My Ev$ ain't in plus but when I try to analyse my game in SNG Wizz there are only a few mistakes, and that's mainly steals I recon would be unprofitable.

Could I get some inputs on I should focus on my Ev line or if on SNG Wizz and my poker instinct and just continue to play like i'm doing and hope to come out of the woods.

And if someone knows how to export hands and tournaments from Holdem manager 2 to 1, i'll be glad to hear from you.
    • KeepYourChip
      KeepYourChip
      Bronze
      I'm really bad to update my blog.. Sorry about that, I just hate to update with whine.

But I played 500+ Turbo 9 man SNGs on Stars, and was running 60 buyins below EV, and just had enough and started to have thoughts about Pokerstars was plotting to rip me off (How silly you get when you have played 50+ hours and only can show a loss of 300$+)

Well, I withdrawed my remaining founds, and moved to PartyPoker I got gold fast, but couldn't get the volume in because of the lag of people there.

I started to play 6 man SNGs on Party, and I enjoyed them. (Mainly because I won)

So now I move back to PokerStars because I want to be able to put in the volume.

So this is how it goes so far on PokerStars.

Still below EV$, but let’s hope it will change..

I'll update when August is over.