Choosing a room

• ninuu
      ninuu
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm thinking to make a deposit on my own and I want to ask which poker rooms are the best. In the past I played on Gamebookers (affiliated with PartyPoker) and their customer service was prompt and I did not have any troubles with them.

I was thinking to choose one of these rooms: William Hill, Party Poker, Poker Stars and 888.

I'm interested only in cash games.

Which one would you recommend and why ? Thanks :)
  • 14 replies
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      You'd be better off looking at the reviews and bonuses here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/

And take a look at the forums of each room:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1445

and see what the players have to say.

I know that pokerstars has a lot of traffic pretty much all day long but is also home to some good regulars. They do seem very trustworthy as a company though. I'm not really a huge fan of Party Poker because of the high rake at the low stakes tourneys but I do not know about cash games.

Good luck
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Thanks matel for popping by and helping out :heart:
    • soapy27
      soapy27
      Bronze
      what is the best room to play at with plenty of traffic?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      fixed your signature now soapy27 ;) nice color.. I know someone who will love it! :heart:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin:
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      ninuu,

what specifically are you looking for in a poker room?

how often will you play? how many tables? what limit?

we can give you a better, or, i should say, more complete answer, with more information about what's important to you!
    • soapy27
      soapy27
      Bronze
      yea.lol.it was sort of hard to work out. ?( :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ninuu
      Hi, I'm thinking to make a deposit on my own and I want to ask which poker rooms are the best. In the past I played on Gamebookers (affiliated with PartyPoker) and their customer service was prompt and I did not have any troubles with them.

I was thinking to choose one of these rooms: William Hill, Party Poker, Poker Stars and 888.

I'm interested only in cash games.

Which one would you recommend and why ? Thanks :)
      Hi ninuu,

Have you managed to pick a room yet?

I've asked one of our market analyst to pop by and provide some information for you.

Keep us updated :)
      Ingrid
    • DtotheC
      DtotheC
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      As Marc said, it is fairly hard to give you exact guidance without specific information.

In general however I would say:

PokerStars & Party Poker have the most traffic by far at all limits. The software is also good for both and you can get a nice First Deposit Bonus through us, with details on the review pages linked to above.

William Hill - iPoker has a great First Deposit Bonus and has a good amount of traffic up to NL $1/$2. Once you go above this the games start to quiet down a bit.

888 - Not as much traffic as the ones above, but they do offer a fairly good FDB and also have by far the softest tables of the lot. Your winrate will be higher here than at the other rooms and there should be enough traffic, especially at the lower limits, to keep you busy.

Will keep an eye out for your post about tables, limits etc and will try and post more helpful information once we have it.
    • MrS212i
      MrS212i
      Bronze
      Pokerstars is the best :s_grin: room to play at! Has the highest traffic ( 80k - 300k ) and largest variety of games!
    • purple16
      purple16
      Bronze
      Pokerstars is best by far. Software, vip theme, traffic : all are good.
      Partypoker : software is unconvenient, traffic and vip theme is ok
    • ninuu
      ninuu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarcPS
      ninuu,

how often will you play? how many tables? what limit?

we can give you a better, or, i should say, more complete answer, with more information about what's important to you!
      I will play daily, around 6-8 hours. At the beginning I will play at 4 tables, then get to 6, later at 8 or 9. I'll begin playing at 0.01-0.02$

Thanks to everyone who has made time to answer and help me. Probably I will choose WH because of the deposit bonus.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ninuu
      Probably I will choose WH because of the deposit bonus.
      William Hill 200% up to $2,000 Bonus

You can also try out the poker room, once you sign up through PokerStrategy.com and your account is affiliated, you'll be able to particilate in our daily freerolls :)

Enjoy and let us know if we can help you further on!
      Ingrid
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Pokerstars is the best room by far,but filled with regulars.On the other hand on 888 you will find a lot of fish to aim for. ;)