Short Stacked

• spacedraptor
      spacedraptor
      Bronze
      After my documented losing my entire $50 bankroll on party poker, i went back to the drawing board.

After a bit of success playing free games again, i was feaeling good about my poker again.

I decided to invest £10 on ladbrokes.com to represent a £50 bankroll (yes i could back it up with reload 4x times). seeing only £10 in your bankroll makes you play a bit more carefully, i decided to go into all games short stacked at only half my buy in amount @ £1 to everybody's £2. Now you have to realise that when you take in a small amount into a room, everybody wants to bully the short stack, they all see you as a big guppy waiting to give them money.

Now you do have to wait until you pretty much hold the nuts my range is AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, KQs, QJs & maybe a call with pocket 10's & 9's from any position, but i do prefere to play in late positions. Early positions i ditch KQs & QJs.

i always bet 4x the big bling +1 for every limp or i raise 4x times against any raise which is always greeted with an all in which is always fine my me as my win % for showdowns is 69%.

I've only been playing this way for a few days so early days, but if early results are correct I've already doubled my bankroll. i only ever play until i double my stake & come out of the room.

this seems like a powerful way to play so i thought i'd share.

got the idea from your great articles on short/mid stack strategy.

many thanks
  • 2 replies
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      i decided to go into all games short stacked at only half my buy in amount @ £1 to everybody's £2. Now you have to realise that when you take in a small amount into a room, everybody wants to bully the short stack, they all see you as a big guppy waiting to give them money.

there is no such thing at NL2,everybody is a fish.

Now you do have to wait until you pretty much hold the nuts my range is AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, KQs, QJs & maybe a call with pocket 10's & 9's from any position, but i do prefere to play in late positions. Early positions i ditch KQs & QJs.

you should consider opening 77+ from LP too and i dont know about the QJs,i guess they are OK from CO/BU,but any other position they're not for SS

also lol at

is 69

im such a child

anyway,good luck
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      Almost everyone at NL2 has some grasp on the game, looked at starting hands or read a few articles.
      No casual player puts 50 dollars on his account and decides he will play with a whopping 2dollars.
      You generally get Nit's and wanna be ballers who intend on making it big some day, dont get me wrong they are mostly pretty awful but its not like they hand you their money.