RIOTS in the UK

• xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      WTF is up with the riots in Britain!

Luckily I don't live in London but they are spreading all around the country. This is sick these rats are destroying their own communities through mindless vandalism and mob mentality. Then other cities see this and think ooh lets do the same its pathetic.

This makes me so angry, these people have nothing to live and don't care about anything anymore.

whats your opinion on this mess.
  • 75 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      They're all auditioning as extras for the 'Mindless Zombie Horde' in 'Night of the Living Dead' of course.
      Muppets.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      I've never been less proud to call myself British.

Totally horrendous day and makes a mockery of everything that modern Britain should stand for.

I would rather take the Serbian approach to dealing with the riots, however. A colleague linked me to this and I thought it was excellently effective:

• MarcPS
      MarcPS
      When I made that last post, I have to admit, I lied.

The Future of Britain talks about the justification for the Violence on the BBC's World Service Radio

Now I couldn't be more ashamed of being British.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      This is a consequences of the finacial crash clime we living these days (imho)

I really hope it go to finish asap as the madness arrive even at my door in Bristol.

Very scary as I got a child and these atmospher of terror is not good at all!
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarcPS
      When I made that last post, I have to admit, I lied.

The Future of Britain talks about the justification for the Violence on the BBC's World Service Radio

Now I couldn't be more ashamed of being British.
      Retarded on so many levels. These people might try to drive a car one day.

We need some natural selection to occur. These people cant even rationalise it:

"its the goverments fault, the conservatives"
      good arguement :f_confused:

they are like the donkeys of real life.

Made me feel 100% smarter though :s_biggrin:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Breaking News! There was confusion and anger today as the thugs who fire-bombed the post office and DWP buildings turned up for their Giro-cheques.
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      he is talking about the muslim community trying to integrate the sharia law in the law system?

thats what the riots about?

sorry i dont follow TV that much
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      people have no national pride...........
    • gormless
      gormless
      Silver
      Originally posted by furculision

he is talking about the muslim community trying to integrate the sharia law in the law system?

thats what the riots about?

sorry i dont follow TV that much
      No. The EDL have absolutely nothing to do with these riots. I think Toby posted this in response to Mark saying he is not proud to be British.

To clarify these riots are nothing at all to do with the EDL, who are a bunch of degenerate white supremacists who collectively posses less than one working brain cell apart from the founder who is either seriously misinformed or insane.

The riots originally began on the back of a peaceful protest started by the friends and family of a man in Tottenham, who was shot dead by the police. They disputed the account by the police that he had a gun and was resisting arrest.
      To be clear none of the peaceful protesters were involved in these riots and condemned the ensuing violence.

It looks as though the riots are by a minority of opportunistic hooligans and thugs that intent on causing mayhem for a laugh and their own gain.

Some have suggested that the cause of this, are the austerity measures being introduced by the current government, (mainly left wing idiots like the former mayor of London).
      Others have suggested that this is a race issue.

By the way Mark, one reason to be proud to be British is the cleanup operation which organised people across the country via twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23riotcleanup
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      It kicked off in Birmingham last night too... Me and my friends got chased out of the park just around the corner. And it's all started again about 1/2 hours ago. Broad st which isn't too far from me (2-3min walk) is getting wrecked. Drivers are getting stopped by 7/8 youths, having bricks thrown through their windows, getting dragged out, beaten up and robbed. And I mean youths... The people I've seen are only around 16, if even that!

Two of my housemates work in hospitals. One in city hospital, and last night she said some of the people who have been beaten up are lucky to be alive, never seen anything like it... There are people coming in with dog bites and cut up hands from glass bragging about how much stuff they managed to get.

My other housemate works in the childrens hospital in town and gangs approached it trying to smash windows but police intervened in time. Why anyone would target a childrens hospital? It really makes me feel sick...

And town has now been closed down and everyone is being evacuated because riots will be starting again there too.
    • gormless
      gormless
      Silver
      deleted
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gormless
      Just found this recording of interview with a couple of the looters in Croydon:

http://audioboo.fm/boos/434411-leana-hosea-speaks-to-croydon-looters-on-bbcworldservice

This makes for seriously depressing listening. Rioting for any reason is obviously wrong, but at least you can get your head round it if it is for a cause. These degenerates actually think they have a right to do what they want at anyones expense, wtf?
      I really wish I didn't listen to that... It's just ridiculous!

I've even heard some people say they're doing it to get their taxes back... Most of them don't even work ffs
    • MichaelGotAA
      MichaelGotAA
      Bronze
      The riots started because the police shot an unarmed guy. But that was just the catalist. If you notice its youths that are rioting & I can tell you that most police bully & pick on most youths. They did it to me when I was younger & I see them doing it all the time to the youths of today. This is the younger generation lashing back at years of police abuse.

I do not condone the rioting, but I can sure understand why it happened & I'm sure it will happen again in another 15 years or so, just like it happened in Newcastle approx 18yrs ago when I was young. The police never learn, they will always be nothing but bully boys.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      correct, that video is funny but totally unrelated
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MichaelGotAA
      The riots started because the police shot an unarmed guy. But that was just the catalist. If you notice its youths that are rioting & I can tell you that most police bully & pick on most youths. They did it to me when I was younger & I see them doing it all the time to the youths of today. This is the younger generation lashing back at years of police abuse.

I do not condone the rioting, but I can sure understand why it happened & I'm sure it will happen again in another 15 years or so, just like it happened in Newcastle approx 18yrs ago when I was young. The police never learn, they will always be nothing but bully boys.
      Not all police are bullies, people just see 1 or 2 police acting out of line and create the general assumption that's how all police are, I've seen and experienced it myself, but have also come across decent and civilized officers, there's going to be corruption in all areas of life.

These people aren't rioting for a "cause", it's nothing but mindless violence and they're using that as an excuse to wreak havoc. As you can hear in the audio clip posted by MarcPS those idiot girls don't really have a clue.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      . Broad st which isn't too far from me (2-3min walk) is getting wrecked. Drivers
      That is intense man.......I used to live in central Birmingham and can only imagine how crazy Broad st must have got.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by MichaelGotAA
      just like it happened in Newcastle approx 18yrs ago when I was young.
      I don't think that was the reason for the riots then (as I recall correctly, but I was quite young then as well...I'll ask me ma n da!)

But it doesn't matter. I mean there are over 9000 different ways to express discontent. How many of these 'disaffected youth' have been to a police or community meeting? I expect zero.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      So sick makes me sad and ashamed to see this going on Marc is 10000% right with everything he said ITT