[NL2-NL10] NL2- TT- cbet size

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

I've read that if the board is relatively dry and I can represent a strong hand, a 1/2 pot size cbet should be enough to produce the desired fold equity. Do you think that in this hand, the cbet size was enough? The flop offers a few straight drwas, but IMO it doesn't look extremely dangerous. (opponent unknown)

Thanks!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01/$0.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

UTG ($2.00)
      UTG+1 ($1.00)
      UTG+2 ($2.29)
      MP1 ($1.72)
      MP2 ($3.53)
      MP3 ($0.80)
      CO ($2.00) (Hero)
      BTN ($0.21)
      SB ($0.46)
      BB ($5.45)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:club: , T:heart:
      1 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, MP3 checks, Hero raises to $0.11, 2 folds, BB calls $0.09, 2 folds,

Flop: K:diamond: , 9:club: , 5:heart: ( $0.27 )
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15,

Turn: 5:club: ( $0.57 )
      BB bets $0.46, 1 folds,
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

Don't think that there is much to do. Of course we could discuss about CBetting a bit bigger but I don't really see here being a very big difference. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz!

I wanted to post another similar hand against this guy, but the hand is missing from my hand history so I can't do it the proper way........I'll ask about it here, because I don't want to open a new thread if I can't even document the hand.

I raised from MPx with 33, this guy called and another player overcalled. Before the flop came, I didn't want to cbet because he floated me last time and we were 3 handed. I ended up cbetting, because the flop just screamed 'please cbet' :) ...... AA6. The first guy floated again, and bombed an overbet on the turn (note taken).

If the opponent floated you once (not repeatedly yet), will you cbet next time a hard to hit flop like AA6? 2 or 3 handed?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Depends really what kind of range I do expect him to Call with. But overall if they are rather tighter players then sometimes maybe even not. Some people likely only to Call with PPs. But of course it depends on turn card as well might even be better idea to 2barrel against him.