[NL2-NL10] NL 2- T9s - 2pair on turn

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

what do you think about this hand? No reads on the opponents and no stats either.

Flop- decided to test my hand. If I get called, the plan was to try to get to a cheap showdown or give up if there is much resistance.

Turn- I was protecting and getting value against one card flush draws, pairs + draw etc. If he raises, I'm out.

River- Block bet b/f. I was also thinking about c/f, because now even the straight draw has completed. I was just afraid of being bluffed.

Thanks!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01/$0.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

UTG+2 ($2.34)
      MP1 ($2.62)
      MP2 ($2.45)
      MP3 ($2.07)
      CO ($1.04)
      BTN ($1.97)
      SB ($1.40)
      BB ($2.00) (Hero)
      UTG ($1.85)
      UTG+1 ($3.33)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , 9:spade:
      6 folds, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks,

Flop: 5:diamond: , T:heart: , 4:heart: ( $0.08 )
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, 1 folds, BTN calls $0.08, 1 folds,

Turn: 9:heart: ( $0.24 )
      Hero bets $0.18, BTN calls $0.18,

River: 3:spade: ( $0.6 )
      Hero bets $0.31, BTN calls $0.31,
  • 9 replies
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      I would play the same. About river: b/f is the best option in my opinion. You still can get a call from worse hands that would probably check behind. Don't worry if he raises - he has you beat then.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

There are still a lot of hands from which we get value from. Therefore shouldn't be a really big problem to play it this way. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      well played..

but i have a question..

is a blocking bet a form of thin value bet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by gnawhalak
      well played..

but i have a question..

is a blocking bet a form of thin value bet?
      Usually yes, rather blocking him making any actions like betting too big for us which bet we can't Call(for example he could bet with missed draws but here are non). But usually when a lot of draws complete then I'd even consider skipping the block-bet since I don't expect him to bet anyways there unless he has a hand.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

since this hand generated some discussion, I'll add the info about the opponent's hand...in case someone is interested, he had ATo with the ace of hearts.......so he called the turn with TPTK + nuts FD.

I don't think he made a bad call there. But I think he made a bad call on the river.....but that's just my opinion, and I'm not an expert of any kind.... :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If he is putting you on some missed draw or something similar or even thought you would overplay your TP then why not to Call the river. But overall he doesn't beat there much.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Exactly Veriz......that was also my thinking. When taking my line into account , he simply can't beat much....at this point, his TPTK is only a bluffcatcher.

He beats the missed flushdraw and that's all......and overall, in my opinion it's not as likely I'm on a draw. If I had a 4card FD on the flop, I have my flush already on the turn. On the flop, I'll not donk into 3 people with just a back door flush draw. So I have to have a strong hand + a strong back door draw....and he has the A :heart: , so he had to put me on a hand like Tx K :heart: , Q :heart: or something similar........those are the only hands he can beat and again, in general I don't think he will beat my line often enough to justify a call on the river. .........or maybe he thought I'm a total donk...or a maniac who likes to 3 barrel bluff... :D .......I made hero calls like this in the past (although only with weak 2 pairs and never with TP) and regretted it afterwards.....I was beaten all the time.... :(

Please correct me if my thought process is way off...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, your thinking process is getting every day better and better the hands you post. :)
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks, good to hear I might be moving to the right direction..... :)