Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.60) Q:club: 5:heart: 4:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB calls $1.20

TURN ($4) Q:club: 5:heart: 4:club: 9:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB raises to $8, Hero calls $5

RIVER ($20) Q:club: 5:heart: 4:club: 9:spade: 7:club:

fish

on turn I was confused. This should be a fold - but I was thinking - no draws have completed yet, what this could mean, so it was hard to fold my KK.

But on the other hand - what hands could make such checkraise on turn? And probably there is no to many bluffs. So this had to be crying fold.

The river completes a flush. But I didn't put him on flush, because it would make more sence to raise on flop than on turn with a draw. Don't know, so I called, because if we don't count flush, 7 is blank.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      there are a lot of different type of fishes.
      Some would bluffraise turn, some would never c/r unless they have two pair+
      If villain seems rather loose I would likely stack off with KK. Since that is top of my range and if I continue b/f then I get exploited quite badly
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      If villain seems rather loose I would likely stack off with KK.

By stacking off you mean on river? No need to reraise him on turn, because bluffs will fold then, right?

if I continue b/f then I get exploited quite badly

is the fish really that smart on such low limit? Of course some might be, but are there enough such players that I could profitably play such line?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      By stacking off you mean on river? No need to reraise him on turn, because bluffs will fold then, right?
      - problem is that he also has there a lot pair+draw type hands, which he would likely call your turn shove, so I don´t mind shoving turn and expecting to get called by worse hands

is the fish really that smart on such low limit? Of course some might be, but are there enough such players that I could profitably play such line?
      - depends so many factors. I don´t think that there would be player who have never bluffed turn especially if your image is really laggy and bad. But I agree a lot of players would not most of the times doesn´t bluffraise turn