This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2NL JJ/KQJ flop

• Tr3LoS
      Tr3LoS
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $1
      MP3:
      $2,22
      Hero:
      $2,09

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      MP1 checks, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,10, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0,08, MP3 calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,31) K:spade: , Q:spade: , J:club: (3 players)
      MP1 bets $0,22, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, MP1 calls $0,28.

Turn: ($1,31) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,4, MP1 calls $0,40 (All-In).

River: ($2,11) A:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2,11

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (Ad Qd)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, jacks (Js Jd)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, jacks (Js Jd)

I had a set on the flop and while I didn't got a 3-bet preflop from the MP1 I thought he wouldn't have QQ/KK so I raised to .50 on flop. My plan was 3bet/fold on that flop. Since he just called and checked the Turn I pushed him all in. Actually only AT or 9T had me beaten on the flop and I thought he would hold an A?/T?. All in all, turn didn't change anything and I would certainly fold on the river where that Ace came up. Should I just call the flop and see how develops?
  • 2 replies
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: standart, could bet $0.12.
      Flop: raise bigger - put him all-in here.

My plan was 3bet/fold on that flop.
      3bet/call or just push all-in looks like a better plan :) . You had to call $0.4 more if he shoved on the flop. It's a snap call. No way you're folding here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tr3LoS,

Preflop could be $0,12. But as played you could easily even put him all-in on flop while he doesn't have much left anyways.

Best regards.