another dobble up

• marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Hey guys,
      yesterday for the second time in 10 days I dubble up again my BR.
      I open on pokerstars 1july, with 0$,1agost was 21,2agost 48$, and yesterday I won 41$.

I arrived 21 in a 1,10$ rebuy+add 7k garanted.
      1984 players, I dont remember the exact numbers of rebuy, but it was much more then the players, I think almost dubble, the prize pool aarrive at 11,5K!
      I didn't do any rebuy! I'm very proud of it! I did the add on in the break.
      I quite happy with the resoult, but I have to say that I play super tight.
      I really mean super tight, in the end my stats were 186hands 13% seen the flop.
      7/8 won at showdown(the 1/8 is the one sent me out) and 15 won before showdown(I have only the stats from pokerstar..).

Now I know that is really too tight, but the rest of the players were all maniacs, especially the first hour the buy in was aviable.

Should I post my hands somewere and don't be much proud of this resoult because I probably made many mistakes playing so tight or keep play this strategy that is actually giving me, till now, good resoults,?

Let me know what you thing guys.

Thanks a lot

Have fun

Marcello
  • 12 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi Marcello,

Congratulations on your success.

I will however, try to caution you about your misuse of BRM.

If you want to play $1 Rebuy tournaments you really need to have $300 in your account to play them successfully without variance hurting you in the long run.

Yes, you had a success (and that's wonderful) this time, but over the long run you would go broke playing those games.

If you reply to me with your current BR I can suggest to you what you should be playing. I really want you to be successful so I can help you out in any way.

All the best,
      Gary
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      You should write some articles for the site, I love your spelling :f_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by burak220
      You should write some articles for the site, I love your spelling :f_biggrin:
      Hi burak220,

I would like to remind you of one of our forum principles.

• We tolerate neither insults nor derogatory behaviour – no flames

Not everyone in this forum uses English as their first language so it can be quite difficult for people to get their posts across. We would appreciate if everyone could be supportive and not discourage such members from posting again.

You can find a list of all our forum principles here

I trust you understand where I am coming from,

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Hi Gary
      Thanks for your reply,
      and your understanding, my english is not really good, especially if I have to write, but I didn't know it could be a problem. I will check some more words on the dictionary.. So this forum will help my poker and my english..!

About the BRM, I know I shouldn't play those buy-ins, even worse if it's a re-buy.
      I usually play big tournaments for 0,10/0,25$ and sometimes I risk the 0,55$.
      Yesterday was a pure coincidence, because I had the same resoult some hours before in a 0,10$ around 20 on 1950, and I got 0,90$. My girlfriend ask me why I didn't try a bigger one, but it was quite late in the morning and there was only one 1,10$, but when I saw it was a re-buy I told her I wasn't gonna do it, she dare me, so I tought it was actually ok to loose 1,10$ as long as I didn't rebuy!

Still my BRM is pretty strange, but I blame pokerstars software.
      Until yesterday I had 49$, and I made them first doing 360players 0,10$, then 90p 0,25$, and then 90p 0,50$.
      I know that with 50$ I should begin to play 9/10players 1$, but on pokerstars the min buy-in for those tipe is 1,50$.
      And also if from my previous post I look kind of loose, I actually really careful, maybe more then what I should!

Still I need as many advices as you want to give me.

My BR now is exactly 87,20$, so I guess I should play always 1,10$ 9/10players max. and NL5 after some practice on NL2.

I really like play big tournaments(I mean with many players), so if you think I could try some of them please let me know which.

Thank you again for your help.
      Hope this text is more correct!

Have fun

Marcello
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi Marcello,

Don't worry about your English. I was asking Burak to have some consideration to you, as you are not a native speaker. I completely understood you so not to worry.

I'm glad to see you that you haven't disregarded BRM as it is just so so important.

If you are happier with the MTT structure with more players then ofc grind the .10c games with 360 players.

You can also play the .50c 90 man turbo games with your Bankroll safely. You might actually find me there from time to time because thats where I'm currently playing :)

The $1.50 9 man games are not really an option though because you need at least $150 to play them successfully.

You could always try cash games too, NL2 and NL5 MSS, but as I stressed before study study and study!

All the best,

Gary
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Thanks!

What do you think of bigger tournaments, like 0,55$ 1.5k garanted?
      Too risky?

Thank you again for everything

Regards
      Marcello
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi Marcello,

The .55c MTTs are fine, you have more than enough BR to cover these my friend. :)

Gary
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Any updates for me Marcello?

Hope you are running good!

Your amigo,
      Gary
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Without a good bankroll management you will end this month as you started your journey on pokerstars.
      Just take HollyMichelle's advices for granted and you will do great.
      From time to time you can also take a shot on 1$ mtts.
      Good luck!
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

Your amigo,
      Gary
      Hey Gary,
      nothing much, I concentrate on 0,50$ 90 players, but I didn't play many yet, I'm around 13, I still pretty much the same, actually 2$ down, but I'm not much worry.. That's why I didn't post anymore..

But I open a small account on AWH where I get 5$ free.
      I did this to try out MSS on cash.
      I did just one session 90hands) and I really like it, it has many similarity with MTT strategy I use in this small buy in. Plus I won 4$, not that I care about this account, but still, I got some more money to do some esperience!

I actually have a small question:
      What's an avarege ROI for begginers?
      Is it positive a 234,34% for 113 tournaments or the tournaments number is too small to say somenthing?

Thanks for eveything my friend,
      I will let you knw if I do any progress.

Ciao
      Marcello
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michellecip
      Without a good bankroll management you will end this month as you started your journey on pokerstars.
      Just take HollyMichelle's advices for granted and you will do great.
      From time to time you can also take a shot on 1$ mtts.
      Good luck!
      Hey,
      Thank you for the advice, but I actually did arrive where I am thanks to the BRM!
      I know in that first post I sound kind of fish, but that tournament was just a casuality.I'm really sensible about BRM, maybe to much!

Anyway I need to thanks Gary for his many advice as well!
      In the begin isn't easy fully trust the rules of BRM. He helped me to stick up with it, gave me some confidence!

Ciao
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by marcepoker17
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

Your amigo,
      Gary
      I actually have a small question:
      What's an avarege ROI for begginers?
      Is it positive a 234,34% for 113 tournaments or the tournaments number is too small to say somenthing?

Thanks for eveything my friend,
      I will let you knw if I do any progress.

Ciao
      Marcello
      Hi again,

Yes, the ROI, you have at the minute is very good, but it will level out with many more games. As long as you keep playing correctly, you will do very well in the future and be moving up the limits in no time :)

I think a sustainable ROI at the limit you play would be 10-20% all going good. I'm no expert at this, so maybe one of our other forum members might give you a better indication on this topic.

All the best and continue to run good :)

Gary