Cashplayer goes SNG.

• freebsdfag
      freebsdfag
      Bronze
      After quite some time being close to break-even playing NLHE SH (NL10) I decided to give the SNGs a try. I chose the 6-max SNGs on PokerStars since I thought, that I might be having an edge... How much exactly can't be determined by my sample size 'cuz..yeah..

I'M RUNNING HOTTER THAN AN OBESE MAN AT A MARATHON!! (and not very far*)

First thing I did was, of course, to crunch some numbers. I'm playing the $1.5 6-max SNG and the prizepool distribution is:

1st - 65%
      2nd - 35%

I don't have a lot heads-up experience, so I decided to make the assumption that: When I make it to the finals, I win the match 60% of the time. This would have me average a prize of $4.198.

In order to be breakeven, giving the statement above, I need to reach the finals ~35.7% of the time. Well.. This is how I'm doing so far:

Bust 7
      Finals Reached 7
      Finals won 6

Total games 14
      % Finals reached 50.0%
      ROI 60.3%

*.. I know the sample size is ridiculously small, but I still can't make this huge grin on my face disappear :)

Over the time I've read quite a few success stories (and horror..) on here when I was feeling down, so I thought I'd contribute.

PS. How high of an ROI is one capable to expect, if we assume that the hero has quite the edge over his opponents?
  • 3 replies
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Approximately anything above 15% over 1000s of games (I think)
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      Not to be rude, but if you were BE at NL10. Now played 14 SnG's with a hotstreak, you cant expect to have much of an edge over your opponents, unless you put some time into studying first. In theory ROI of a decent player with good knowledge how to exploit micro limit players is unknown, because they move up before they get decent sample size
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sinsas
      Not to be rude, but if you were BE at NL10. Now played 14 SnG's with a hotstreak, you cant expect to have much of an edge over your opponents, unless you put some time into studying first. In theory ROI of a decent player with good knowledge how to exploit micro limit players is unknown, because they move up before they get decent sample size
      learn ICM and study preflop game....if you play BE cash game you have basic postflop skill but need to improve also

PS-suggesting to stick to normal speed in beggining and not mass tabling :)