Auto rebuy

• esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Right, so im a microplayer and I used the auto rebuy function for cash games, however I think the site is actually nicking a decent bit of my money by doing this.

Hypothetical example:
      I sit down, post SB ($0.01) and fold my hand. Auto rebuy adds $0.01 to my balance. Because my actual account balance is in £, I am charged £0.01 for this transaction.

Obviously, £0.01 is in no way equivalent to $0.01, with the $ being worth around 0.6 of the £. This rounding up happens for all of my transactions.

Are iPoker just taking my money, and thus making the use of auto rebuy a very bad thing to do?
  • 9 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi esuohdla,

I remember a fellow member raised this exact point a while back in the forum, well actually many months ago to be fair.

I'm just struggling at the moment to remember the outcome of the discussions that followed or the link to the thread itself, maybe someone can help me out if they recall it or have it linked somewhere.

I guess the key factor here is how many decimal points the software records for transactions and accumulates in your account as it's possible that it might record multiple decimal places (e.g. 0.0058) but only show roundings to 2 decimal places (0.01) for ease of use by players on screen.

Other options I guess are:
      • the tables available in your cashier's own currency, be it £, $, € etc there by avoiding currency exchange (although I appreciate may have less tables available or reduced traffic and may present BRM issues)
      • turning off auto rebuy, which presents it's own issues especially when multitabling

Agree definately worth identifying if this is in fact an issue first before going down these routes. Will try to find out for you unless someone already knows or finds the previous discussion.

Best regards,

Bart
    • psiborg
      psiborg
      Bronze
      I was also curious about this. A google search did find this old 2+2 thread:
      http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/important-info-ipoker-players-883575/.
      This seems to confirm that they round up your auto-rebuys, costing you a lot of money especially on the micro's.
      The last page has very recent replies discussing that this situation might be fixed or getting fixed, but without confirmation just yet.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Sucks, but I guess il deal without auto rebuy for now, since if I want to play in my own currency I actually have to drop a limit in order to practice solid BRM, and there isnt always enough good tables for my limit anyway.

Thanks for the responses guys.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Sounds really sensible esuohdla, respect to you for that, solid BRM ftw!

Will let you know if and when we hear anything official on this.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Is this still the case??

Can it be fixed by, for instance checking the auto rebuy function "90% under initial amount buy-in" and let's say buy in everytime for 110 BB's? This is the case at the $ tables it seems but not at the euro where it's max 100 BB's buy-in.

It surely isn't possible to rebuy manually everytime, what a waste of time/concentration!

PS: I have noticed some other things since playing my first time on WH today.

For instance the skin, meeeeh not my cup of tea, are there others available?
      Bet slider: can this be adjusted?
      Sounds: only one BEEP when it's your turn, no beeps when you're running out of time??
      Easy way to select amount to bet by scrolling, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't? Clicking is hard when you play a lot of tables and the zone to click in is the size of a dot.

Thanks for any replies!
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Letsdothisish
      Is this still the case??

Can it be fixed by, for instance checking the auto rebuy function "90% under initial amount buy-in" and let's say buy in everytime for 110 BB's? This is the case at the $ tables it seems but not at the euro where it's max 100 BB's buy-in.
      Not really, as setting it to 90% means that you will rebuy when you fall below 90% of your buy in. At NL10 for example, if you dropped to 89.5% of the buy in ($8.95) and you rebought to $10, you would pay $0.01 more than if you rebought to 9.95. Manually rebuying for $1 at a time, or increments of $1, seems to be the only way to combat it.

For skins, you have to pick a different site on the network to change it, or use a mod.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by esuohdla
      Originally posted by Letsdothisish
      Is this still the case??

Not really, as setting it to 90% means that you will rebuy when you fall below 90% of your buy in. At NL10 for example, if you dropped to 89.5% of the buy in ($8.95) and you rebought to $10, you would pay $0.01 more than if you rebought to 9.95. Manually rebuying for $1 at a time, or increments of $1, seems to be the only way to combat it.

For skins, you have to pick a different site on the network to change it, or use a mod.
      So what everyone at William Hill is manually rebuying?? They should seriously do something about this I already have regrets choosing for WH. But it's always something with every room it seems.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I haven't played on WH for a few months but I always used to manually rebuy. It may seem very little but if you are auto rebuying say 3 times every 2 orbits which is not unreasonable and losing even half a cent each time then this can very quickly mount up when playing many tables.

I never could see the problem with playing with 99.5bb as opposed to 100???
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      From what I have been told, the average player, playing around 50k hands a month loses about $10 from currency conversion/auto rebuy issues.

This makes little diference to small stakes+ players.

It does however make a diference to people playing 2-20nl as its 5 buy ins at 2nl.

Please dont quote me on the numbers, this is just what I have heard through the grape vine