[NL2-NL10] NL10SH Postflop vs reraise

• SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      I find myself folding after calling in these situations a lot of times, and I have a feeling I am doing something completely wrong.
      This is the situation:They reraise me 2* / 3* of my bet on the flop, I call them because I have fx top pair. Turn comes and I check for pot control, villain bets and I feel like I have to fold because he shows so much strenght.

Here is an example from today:

Seat 1: honzal ($10.15)
      Posts small blind $0.05
      Seat 2: MaD_PenguiN0 ($10.05)
      Posts big blind $0.10
      Seat 3: Hero ($13.12)
      Seat 4: xoubaPKR ($10)
      Seat 5: TheDarkFrog ($11.02)
      Seat 6: JONESY ($21.49)
      Dealt to Hero
      8 :spade: 8 :club:

Preflop: (Pot: $0.15)
      FOLD TheDarkFrog
      RAISE JONESY, to $.30
      FOLD honzal
      FOLD MaD_PenguiN0
      CALL Hero, $.20

Flop: (Pot: $.65)
      3 :club: 6 :spade: 2 :club:

BET Hero, $.46
      RAISE JONESY, to $1.50
      CALL Hero, $1.04

Turn: (Pot: $3.65)
      3 :heart:

CHECK Hero
      BET JONESY, $2.60
      FOLD Hero
      Showdown:
      JONESY wins the pot of $6.07

Villain seemed like a standard TAG player, but I can not remember his stats. ^_^

In the above example he reraised 3 times my bet, but often times villain reraises 2 times my bet and it just seems too tempting to call, but then when the turn hits I always end up folding to his bet.

Any ideas on how I should play out these situations? :)
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against aggro villains c/c them down, then you get information what hands they are barreling. If you lead, then your hand is often overpair, so they would raise both for value and bluff their overpairs, so unless you know hot to react raise, then start c/c and then go on with your reads.
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Thanks for the help man. :-)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ChewbroCColi,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Rather Check/Call the flop since he does still have a lot of bluffing range in his hand which might pay you with CBet.

And even if you go for a donk then I don't really see how you can continue with Donk/Call. There is no point to continue while you even don't know the opponent. Most likely he is gonna raise you with made hands.

Best regards.