Multitabling and push or fold phase

Bronze
      I am currently multitabling $1+$0.20 and $0.50+$0.10 10 player SNGs on William Hill poker playing 10 tables at a time. Obviously, I can't get too many reads on my opponents and I don't have SNG wizard anyway so I have to play my game based on general assumptions. Regarding this I have two questions:

1) How much value do I lose by not knowing my opponent's ranges and simply pushing according to ICM as suggested in the ICM trainer?
      2) What would you advise me to change in my strategy? Should I play at fewer tables? Should I just keep playing according to the ICM trainer's suggested ranges?
  • 8 replies
    • LLuq
      LLuq
      Bronze
      You should defenetely push a tighter Range and call a tighter Range than suggested in the ICM Trainer, because bad Players are calling too loose and pushing too tight.
      My 2nd advice ist to play at another site were you dont pay that much rake like on iPoker.
      Bronze
      How much tighter are we talking about?
      Sadly I have no choice but to play on Ipoker since FTP was closed and I prefer to play on a tracked site..

Thanks a million for the advice!
    • LLuq
      LLuq
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      How much tighter are we talking about?
      Thanks a million for the advice!
      Depends on your opponents and the spot.

Generally I would say that maybe cutting out the weakest 10-15 % out of the Nash Range when pushing, and like 20% by calling.

i.e. when Nash tells you to push 20% only pushing 17% or when its telling you to call 40% only calling 32%. Maybe calling even tighter, because there are many Beginners on the low limits who are ppushing the Button only with A high or Pockets, when Nash would tell them to push 60% from the Button.

Did you already the 30 day trial Version of SnGwiz?
      Bronze
      I'm considering to try the trial of SNG wizard before buying it and since I cant get hands on my FTP money that will not happen in the next few weeks.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help! I had a feeling that tighter pushing and calling without reads on these limits might be the better play!
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      My guess is that your opponents will follow the patterns in my "Ranges in Super Turbo SNGs" video. Your opponents will not be sufficiently aware of position, the number of players left, or the stack depth. This means there are times you can push wider than in the Nash equilibrium, such as when you push closer to 5 BB from the small blind when it is not the bubble, but you should push much tighter than the Nash equilibrium when you push 10 BB from the CO on the bubble.
    • jaxtraw
      jaxtraw
      Bronze
      I agree with a lot of pzohn thoughts, especially where he suggests deviating form Nash. Nash's ranges are going on the assumption that your opponents are playing rationally, from you experiences OP im sure you can attest a fair amount of players at this level will be playing sub-optimum poker, or irrationally. GL!
      Bronze
      Thank you guys a lot! This is valuable information!
    • PokerAddict36
      PokerAddict36
      Bronze
      I dont think its smart to 10 table $ 0.50 SNG`s, I would suggest max. 6 tables and try to think the spot over a little more.

Getting better, think about spots >>>>>>> volume, profit