Letting That Which Does Not Matter Truly Slide

• M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      New Header

Take this as a lesson -- challenge yourself! Work harder. Make more money. Fuck more women. Fuck HOTTER women. Produce more value. Travel to more cities. Read more books. Crank out more kids. Get more in the zone. Kick more ass. Eat better food and put nothing bad in your body. DOMINATE!!

Every year gets exponentially better because you improve -- better, faster, stronger. Your capabilities of the past are a joke compared to your capabilities of the present. Everything's lead up to this, and this will lead into a future without limitations. Possibilities are infinite -- you can write your own ticket in life, people have sacrified for centuries so YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

Having finished BSS school, being unable to post in my locker room anymore, looks like it is
      Time To Start a Blog

First of all, I am writing this here for me. The only one who cares about your success is you. Drama, naked chicks, really entertaining stuff will be rare in this thread. I do not want to win followers for my blog in this way. Anyone who wants to post something constructive is more than welcome. I may disclose some more personal than usual details here and there, as I'm quite sure none of you know me personally.

My Current situation
      - RO, 22, finished college, starting my masters' degree
      - smart, lazy (when lacking motivation), chill
      - beginning poker player (been in the game for a few months)
      - currently taking a shot at NL10
      - have a grasp for basics of poker, thanks to the BSS School

Brevity. For me, the biggest, most important thing is motivation. I need to constantly remind myself why I am doing things, like playing poker, otherwise I am playing without a purpose ==> boring / robotic / weak

That's why the main point will be the
      Goals
      Main Goal - Start making money. Why?
      :club: to be able to take care of myself
      :club: keep free of slave 9-5 life
      :club: explore life: learn, travel, run

Poker
      Main Mission --> Go up the stakes as fast as possible, at least to the point where I can sustain myself comfortably

Short term Poker
      Main: Get to NL25 by the end of september (about a month, since I'll be away for 2 weeks with my gf). Why?
      I think it's achievable. This would be the first step towards making some money for myself.
      :spade: play 2 sessions(2h) daily 1:30min each, 30min analysis
      :spade: post at least three hands for evaluation after each session
      :spade: only look at the money won/lost at the end of the session
      :spade: Finish Crushing NL50 and apply
      :spade: Keep attending every BSS FR BogdanPS coaching

Rewards:
      :heart: When you're at NL25/50, cash out 100$ and buy some cool clothes
      :heart: Next Spring: Iphone 4 / Smartphone

:heart: Next Summer: Hi_Tech Laptop to play Teh Gaimz with my Bro'

:heart: 2013 - Honda Civic R Type : Cruising, Chillin'

So yeah, this kind of toyz would make good rewards for me, also traveling to cool places in my country and in the rest of Europe.

This was my first post. Updating as I please. Time for some grinding
      Peace Out
      Daniel
  • 50 replies
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Good luck!

Thats a sweeeeet car! :f_biggrin:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Good luck and welcome to our blog section.. melikeniceandcolorful :f_biggrin:
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      aww thanks for the warm welcome!

@dogma : yeap, i'm not very crazy about cars in general, but i really like the looks on this honda civic

@IngridN, thanks, glad u like it :f_grin:

Ok so played a 2h session mostly on Stars tonight, went awesome, I thank the fishies for the donations. Played mostly 3tables, 273hands. I know not many, but shamelessly exploiting the fishies brought me 78bb / 100, nice!
      My current mental state is like I'm clearly winning at NL10, I should play more, to win more!

On a sidenote I am surprised of myself, regarding the session review. Previous to starting this blog, rarely looked at the hands after a session. Now, starting this blog motivated me to review hands, and went on to keep my word, posted about 6 hands in the evaluation forums.

Yay for motivation!

Ok now it's late, to talk tomorrow about
      :club: BR shots Girah inspired
      :club:P arty vs Stars
      :club: FishPlay

Added short term goal
      :spade: Unlock remaining bonus on Stars until going on the trip (before Sunday)

Cya tomorrow!
      Daniel
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      My scepticism vanished when I saw Honda. I must warn you that type R is not a good friend for your kidneys :D
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      lol doktor

BRM and Shots
      Well although he scammed some people, I'm thankful to Girah for bringing up how he took shots to higher limits. Cause that's what I'm currently doing, and it's working out fine.
      Had the BR for NL5. So the rule is when I have at least 10 buyins for the higher limit, i take a shot. If I lose 2-3 buyins, I go back down.

So I am currently up about 4BI at NL10. Glad I took this shot. Also serves my purpose well, I wanna progress as fast as possible, also keeping an eye on the risks.

FishPlay
      The Biggest revelation for me lately in Poker is spotting and playing vs fish. Thanks to BogdanPS's coachings, I now spot them much faster and loosen up my play against them. It's incredible how profitable this is.

PartyPoker vs PokerStars
      Unfortunately, currently my only account tracked by pokerstrategy is at PartyPoker. I'm quite sorry about that since I just cannot play profitably at partypoker for some reason.
      The games there elude me. The VPIP of tables rarely goes >28, due to their software it is much harder to spot the fishies (although I think all the players there have really strange playing styles). I have to play to keep silver status though.

So, I am forced to grind it up at Pokerstars, which unfortunately I don't have it tracked by PS. If I had Stars tracked I would get gold here pretty soon I guess. It's a pleasure to play here. The tables, the fish, the software.

Well, have to
      :spade: Unlock remaining bonus on Stars until going on the trip (before Sunday)

so gotta go!

Later!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello M1rCea,

Glad that you opened a blog here, hopefully it will help you as well in future. And I will try to keep time to time my eye here. :)

Although what I don't already like is the aggressive BRM. 10BIs ain't the best unless you can easily deposit again.

Also it's kinda standard that @ some site you play profitable and @ some site you don't. By that I mean with time and hands it usually turns around. The more hands you play the better statistics it shows how you doing.

For example I couldn't go any further with PokerStars as well and managed to get such a run:

Hopefully the EV tells you anything. :) But overall what I want to tell is that everything may turn around. For me it's actually good that I have BR overall and I like to switch, helps me avoid bigger tilt. :D

Best regards.
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      @veriz
      I actually like the idea to take 2 BI shot with one table open. From my expirience I play much better when I play one table only than multitabling. My reads are much better, and I don't find myself in many marginal spots.
      When I multitable, it is different. I feel that it is much better to play one table fully focused at nl10(above roll) than 4-6 tables of nl5.
      I might be wrong, but I fell if one is disciplined enough to have stop loss after 2-3BI and than regrind at lower level, it might be good. You can always have heater if you try and those winnings are huge BR booster.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by M1rCea
      Had the BR for NL5. So the rule is when I have at least 10 buyins for the higher limit, i take a shot. If I lose 2-3 buyins, I go back down.

Unfortunately, currently my only account tracked by pokerstrategy is at PartyPoker. I'm quite sorry about that since I just cannot play profitably at partypoker for some reason.
      During the school, I realized that if I'm rolled for NL10 BSS, I'm also rolled for NL25 MSS. So toward the end of July, I played enough NL25 MSS to get gold. Same # of hands NL10 is way less points -- oh and I cleared enough bonus to almost make up for the fact that I lost 6 BI or so.

I have the exact opposite experience at Party.
      I was an overall loser at NL2 at Full Tilt, but made up for my cash game losses w/ SNGs.

Then came the school and the Full Tilt rigor mortis. I'm well up playing NL10 at Party (more due to the school than Party I'm sure). However I can't win SNGs at Party.

Suggestion:
      Before taking a shot at a higher limit, watch a few videos for that limit. They play differently up there.

I'll be following your blog.
      Good luck!
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      Really nice to have you friends here with me :f_grin: Always welcome to drop by whenever you want.

About The Shots at higher limits
      I decided to start taking shots the way I explained because, as I said, I want to move up through the lower limits as fast as possible, and the very safe, conventional way I feel would take too long.
      Although, I agree with doctor, for this to work, you need to be disciplined to be able to go back down after 2-3BI lost. I see myself as pretty disciplined and don't have any gambling inclinations.

Well I guess we'll see how this works, I agree to be the subject of this experiment :f_p:

Yeah Vorpal, too bad FT gone down, hope we get our roll back soon. And thanks for the suggestion about watching the vids for the higher limits, I think this is pretty good to get a feel for the game there.

About PartyPoker
      The main reason I say I can't play profitably there is because I feel very uncomfortable. Why? There are a few features that I don't find here so it's harder to spot the fish which makes it harder for me:
      :spade: don't have 'find the player' on right click menu on the table for players
      :spade: The replayer sux, don't have HEM, very time consuming to replay hands and understand how they played it.
      :spade: table selection sux (no high VPIP tables, waiting lists everywhere)

All this makes me really uncomfortable and that makes me play a weaker game overall. I mean at stars, I join a table, see who is sitting just at one table, mark them as fish and immediately start playing against them. Boom!

Had an interesting session today where I quickly went -1 BI after few mins but kept playing with faith that Skill will prevail, and so it did, ended up on the positive side.

Only 20VPPs to go until I reach goal on stars, maybe tonight. Takin' a shower and coming back for a chill stars session.

A: What's your life like? Chillin, maintainin'?
      B: No, I'm fightin, nigga'. I ain't chillin' till I own a couple of billion

Yo, Peace!
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      You don't have HEM at all? It does support PP.
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      nope don't have HEM yet, too big for my BR at the moment, sry

using Elephant though
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      oK today's stars session ran pretty badly, was on my B/C game, plus got sucked out of 1 stack with AA against AK :f_confused:

Also played a little bit at party, which remains a mistery site, I have KK twice in a row, no one wants to join the action. AA, i raise 4bb vs 2 limpers, both fold. Then I get a call w/ JJ to 4bet 3way by 66 and he gets straight.

I think all the players at partypoker may be Tony G's bots :pokerface:
      G' night

P.S.: On the brightside, already finished bonus on Stars. VICTORY!!! :f_p:
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      Friday Timez

Experiment for today's seSSion. Before starting session:
      :club: around 5 min of meditation
      :club: cleaning up my room
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by M1rCea
      :club: cleaning up my room
      If you have things left undone they will lurk in your brain causing you to lose concentration
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      Hello, hello!

I'm back in business. Did anyone think I was gone for good? Actually left in a rush and didn't have time to mention it here. I have been away in my preplanned vacation with my gf to the awesome beaches of Mediterranean Sea. Glory times.

Well, now I'm back and decided I should check back in here, reporting in.

NL25 Goal update
      Here I am, 1 month away from the official end of the summer for me, 1 month away from reaching my NL25 goal. Actually, what I want to do at least is to have the BR to take a shot at NL25.
      So I should focus on building the bankroll either on party (PStracked) or Stars (superior choice). Yes, I guess it will be Stars.

Some hardship will come my way since this period I also have to get in to continue my studies, enrolling to a master through an exam / research paper, so gotta prepare for that too in the following dayz. We'll see how we roll.

Since I was away for about half a month, almost got left without silver status here on PS. So I had to grind some partypoker these last few days to keep it. Success!

I guess the biggest regret in my poker career so far is not having a PS tracked Stars account. Any way I can still get one?
      I was thinking of switching from partypoker, finding another room to play on, to be tracked by PStrategy. Cause playing on party is more like a chore for SPoints than a pleasure.
      Anyone can recommend another room better than party? Like with good balance of good software / good support / fishy?

I tried to look last night for some options over the subforums of the other PokerRooms and didn't really find an alternative.

Playing Goals
      :spade: play 2 sessions daily (1. beginning of the day; 2. evening)
      I feel like lately I have been wasting alot of time, consequently playing way less than I would like to. I drew the conclusion that it's about living consciously vs living not thinking about what you are doing (unconsciously, duh).
      Lately I have been experimenting with "to do" lists, but I saw it isn't enough so got to the conclusion that I have to get more specific. So today I have a schedule. Like what to do at what intervals of time (example 11:10-11:30 eat, 11:30-11:35 brush teeth :f_o: )

I recently decided to invest in my game, buying HEM through the PS.com special offer.

GooD TO BE BACK!

:s_cool:
    • Pilks7
      Pilks7
      Bronze
      M1rcea, good to see you back. You actually motivated me to getting my game in order with your blog. I was a break even player at NL10 for a very long time, hovering anywhere between 8-17 BIs. Now I have downgraded to NL2 to work on my game, fix all of my leaks, begin proper study and session reviews after every session, etc. At the moment I'm on a 60%-40% split between playing and studying poker/my game.

On the subject of better poker sites, I found Titan Poker to be very good. the software is good, the online support is second to none, and the site is very fishy IMO, (though I only have Full Tilt to compare it to). I was actually on my way to becoming a winning 10NL player here, before I lost my whole bankroll but for £1! (I'm now grinding back and have x35'd that £1)

The other bonus of Titan Poker, which I'm sure you in particular will love, is that you can simultaneously play three different currencies (£, $, Euro). This is incredibly beneficial for me, as my BR is measured on there in £. Thus if I want to take a stab at higher limits with a shallow BR, as you seem very interested in, I am able to risk only 60% of the BI by buying into a dollar game.

Of course, if you choose dollars as your BR measurement, this will have little impact for you..

Good luck at the tables mate, hope this was useful to you
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      @Pilks
      Wow thanks man, saying that I motivated you is one of the biggest compliments! I am honored by the fact that there are people who are already getting value from this blog.

I think splitting time between studying/playing is very good. The thing is, in my experience at least, playing at NL2 is like a coach I admire once said: "NL2 is play money"; an unstable environment, where people often don't play seriously. While this might be good for your bankroll, I think it would not help you very much in developing your game.

I think a step higher, like NL5, NL4 (depending on the site) would be a place where people start playing a bit more serious, and there you can start working on your game. Well, this was just my opinion so u're free to do whatever suits you.

About Titan, thank you very much for the tips! Unfortunately, I installed it and saw I already have an account I used some years ago (forgot about it) which I used to play for playmoney on. Will see if I could get it tracked.

Congrats on grinding the 1£ back up! :s_grin: Btw, how did u get there in the first place?

Today I played 2 sessions on stars. 1st went well, 2nd session was now in the evening, when unfortunately, could not play very focused. I realised I was forcing myself to play, so I stopped.

NL25 Goal update
      * figured I should clearly focus on playing on one room, to get the BR for it. That will be stars. So, for this month at least, I don't think I will play much on other rooms.

Thanks to pilks' tip, I just realised I would actually have the BR to take a shot at NL25$; until now, I kept track of my BR on stars in euros; so I thought I will be able to take a shot at NL25 when I have 250 euros; my current BR is 184E (257,6$), 10BI's for NL25, which would be enough.

*still, decided I would take the shot at NL25$ when I have 250E(355$ / 14BI's), as originally planned, since I don't really feel ready for the shot just yet

Cya tomorrow, nighty night! :f_zZz:
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      really good start here imo. Gotta love the fight club reference.

gl sir.
    • Pilks7
      Pilks7
      Bronze
      M1rCea, You would be surprised how many people play semi-decent poker at 2NL. Their games often have horrendous leaks, but often c-bets etc. work fairly well (i.e. often they play too tight, rather than like maniacs). Also there are aspects of my game such as equity calculations etc., that can be worked on no matter what your opponent is doing. Mainly though, I am just building back my BR (in answer to your question, massive tilt took half and bad BR management once i had dipped to half took the rest!) Also, in reference to play money, people there often play much better poker than most real money players!

Titan Poker is part of IPN network, which also owns William Hill. Here I am about to deposit (as it has 200% first deposit bonus!). the layout and stakes are all exactly the same as Titan, and I hear it is more fishy, if anything. So try that out instead.

Let me know how it goes