$1.96
      MP3:
      $5.06
      CO:
      $4.10
      BU:
      $4.94

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, BB folds, BU calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.76) 5, 9, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, BU raises to $4.58(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.3.

Unknown opp.
      a)Call?
      Saw him couple hands later doing c/c Flop with air to Bluff River.
      b) Call after seen this move?
  • 6 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I don't think i'm folding there, his shove on the flop doesn't exactly reek of value there, as if he'd flopped a set he'd probably be raising smaller. He's called your 3bet preflop so I would expect to see a lot of JJ/QQ and maybe AT there, TT and 99 could possibly show up, but even then we have a decent amount of equity and the times where we have like 60% equity vs JJ/QQ make up for the times he shows up with a set.
    • lukezo
      lukezo
      Bronze
      Hmm..

I think everything is possible at this limits against an unknown player (value/bluff/semi-bluff)

QQ-99,ATs, ATo, QhJh, Qh8h, JhTh ...gives him 54%

Why I was confused..

a) such a weird play from him, unexpected move

b)didn't know my pot-odds (he had more behind than me)

Q: I got 39% pot-odds, with the range above it's a Call?
    • Jelieva
      Jelieva
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lukezo
      Hmm..

I think everything is possible at this limits against an unknown player (value/bluff/semi-bluff)

QQ-99,ATs, ATo, QhJh, Qh8h, JhTh ...gives him 54%

Why I was confused..

a) such a weird play from him, unexpected move

b)didn't know my pot-odds (he had more behind than me)

Q: I got 39% pot-odds, with the range above it's a Call?

if he would make a raise flop, would you push here?
      I think you should, so maybe to make call here the same?
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      To make a shove against his raise isn't the same as calling his shove unfortunately :( Our shove would generate fold equity which would make up for the actual equity we lose against a stronger range. Whereas a call solely relies on pot odds and reads of the player.

lukezo, it's a very close decision based on that range and our pot odds. But not many players would simply shove over the top of a Cbet with basically the nuts (99/TT). If we take out a few of the combos of 99 and TT, and since we have JhTh in his range then we should probably put QhTh in there. If we calculate that again we actually have 56% equity. So i'd say we have between 46 and 56% equity here so we should call in my opinion :)
    • lukezo
      lukezo
      Bronze
      Yes, but in those 30seconds I have to make a decision and don't have time to do Pstove stuff..obviously have to play more to get in more such spots..

So a crying Call it is afterall..
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Yes you just have to play more and more so you get in these situations more often and eventually (So i've heard :P ) it becomes second nature :D

Also, analyse hands using Pokerstove after your sessions whilst assigning a range to him, this speeds up the process of learning to do everything in game :)