[NL2-NL10] NL10 TT from BU

• M1rCea
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , T:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, SB folds, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,65) 6:club: , 3:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,31, Hero raises to $0,90, BB calls $0,59.

Turn: ($2,45) 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,74, Hero calls $1,74.

River: ($5,93) 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $5,93

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ten high (Ts Tc)
      BB shows (Ad 5d)

Hero wins with a flush, ten high (Ts Tc)

Ok so Flop I didn't really know what to make of his 1/2 pot donk, but I raised for protection, having an overpair

He donks again turn. I call thinking I now have a decent kicker for a FD, I will give up river to a big bet/missed draw.

River I hit flush when he checks, I check behind, thinking no worse hand would call me.

Thinking back, maybe the call on the turn was not so good, what do you think? I get 23% equity against 66,33-22,65s,54s and I need 29% to break-even

What do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • Wriggers
      I think the raise on the flop is fine against his donk bet, but he usually won't call there without a draw or at least TPTK. That turn completes loads of draws and he donks again. Now think about how you're percieved here, you've already shown strength by raising the flop yet he's donked again, when a lot of his range consists of drawing hands on the flop. So when he donks again on the turn I think I just cringe fold my overpair here and expect it to be right the majority of the time. As played it's an easy check back on the river, especially since all the spade cards on the board are undercards to your Ts, increasing the likelyhood that villain holds a high spade.