[NL2-NL10] A9o BvB ch/raised flop

• M1rCea
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , 9:heart:
      6 folds, SB raises to $0,30, Hero raises to $0,90, SB calls $0,60.

Flop: ($1,80) T:diamond: , 6:club: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,8, SB raises to $2,45, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3,40

1st, what do you think of resteal with A9o?

What should I make of this check raise on the flop? Looking back, I think I made a mistake of CBetting too small, showing weakness, setting myself up for a bluff.

I am guessing he holds overcards/overpairs. A strong hand would have no reason to raise here, I think this board is too dry.

All this being said I guess, it's a clear fold from my part, isn't it?

But what if I held AT here? Call and see what he does on turn, eventually fold to another big bet?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello M1rCea,

Preflop: 3betting here is totally fine against that kind of stealing range.
      Postflop: But I don't like the CBet here. Might even induce him to Check/Raise you with any crap. Rather do it a bit bigger. And of course as played nothing much to add.

With TP it might become more harder. Then it comes really up to the reads you have on him. Also of course you have to CBet bigger to avoid such a Check/Raise. But overall I guess I'd even lay down since he seems to be winning most of the showdowns and when he ain't aggressive on flop and in 3bet pots then he might even trap you with overpairs.

Best regards.