This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 ATo MP bluffed by fish?

• M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $19,18
      Hero:
      $12,79

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , T:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,95) J:spade: , J:diamond: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0,59, UTG2 calls $0,59.

Turn: ($2,13) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2,13) 8:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,13

1. Should I 2nd barrel turn and fold to aggression?

2. As played, Is it a good idea to fold on the river? I mean, he has a VPIP of 70 in 37hands, he could have anything. Also, his AF is 3.8 and me checking behind on the turn I think made me look weak and susceptible to a bluff

What do you think, is it worth it to call the 1/2pot bet on river w/ A high?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello M1rCea,

No you shouldn't 2nd barrel against such a loose opponent. Against some normal players I'd definitely consider that. But of course it ain't a huge mistake if you even would do that against unknown loose opponent.

And rather fold the river without any good reads on him and as long I see you don't have then nothing much to add.

Best regards.