how do you evaluate these 3 hands?

• cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      hi

1) I have pocket JJ blinds, 50-100, I am in MP2 none raised before me, I raise 600, after me the guy re raise to 2000, I called. everyone folded.
      the flop is the best for me

J :spade: 9 :spade: 2 :club:

I am the first to talk I bet 4000, the pot, I feel comfortable but I do not want to lose for a flush...
      after he showed me A K...

2) I have A :diamond: 9 :diamond: early position
      blinds 50-100
      I raise 300 in early position. 3 people call including the BB.
      the board is
      9 :club: 5 :diamond: 3 :heart:
      i feel very comfortable with the board and I bet 300, everyone folded except the BB.
      turn 7 :diamond:

he checks I bet 300,
      river J :club:

he checks and I check too...

3) I have pocket KK in middle position, one player in early position raise (blinds 75-150) he makes 600, I re raise to 4000 everyone folds, he folded too....

1)I feel that sometimes I am too aggressive or too passive
      2) one guy gave me the advice to bet more... he said that in this case I should bet more because he was seeking the straight and with top pair ad kicker I should have bet a bit more.
      3) here I was too aggressive but sometimes if you play too loose people call with A T or small pocket pairs....

how do you evaluate these hands?

thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Bendafatman
      Bendafatman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cekpirus88
      hi

1) I have pocket JJ blinds, 50-100, I am in MP2 none raised before me, I raise 600, after me the guy re raise to 2000, I called. everyone folded.
      the flop is the best for me

J :spade: 9 :spade: 2 :club:

I am the first to talk I bet 4000, the pot, I feel comfortable but I do not want to lose for a flush...
      after he showed me A K...

2) I have A :diamond: 9 :diamond: early position
      blinds 50-100
      I raise 300 in early position. 3 people call including the BB.
      the board is
      9 :club: 5 :diamond: 3 :heart:
      i feel very comfortable with the board and I bet 300, everyone folded except the BB.
      turn 7 :diamond:

he checks I bet 300,
      river J :club:

he checks and I check too...

3) I have pocket KK in middle position, one player in early position raise (blinds 75-150) he makes 600, I re raise to 4000 everyone folds, he folded too....

1)I feel that sometimes I am too aggressive or too passive
      2) one guy gave me the advice to bet more... he said that in this case I should bet more because he was seeking the straight and with top pair ad kicker I should have bet a bit more.
      3) here I was too aggressive but sometimes if you play too loose people call with A T or small pocket pairs....

how do you evaluate these hands?

thanks
      The first one, fair enough. Dont see anything wrong with that.

2) id bet bigger turn. check behind river is fine.

3) I think 4000 was probably too much. id personally go for 2000 (and hope theres no A on the flop!)
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      you need to work with bet sizing.
    • DailyDollarPro
      DailyDollarPro
      Silver
      Agreed, your bet sizing is all over the place.

The problem is you are playing all your hands face up, which is less of an issue at micro stakes, but will cost you a lot once you start playing better opponents.

1) You open to 6x, I'm guessing because you find JJ tricky to play. Try and keep your open raise size the same across your range (2.5 - 3.5bb). If you open 6x on my table I'm going to fold 22 - 99, where I might call to a smaller raise = money in your pocket.

After the guy re-raised you I would probably just move all in. JJ in tourney situation is way ahead of most peoples 3-bet range. Effective stack size would be the major determination though (short = push, deep = call).

On the flop you hit gin, and then scare him away by betting full pot when he had the initiative (opponent was the last to raise). I would prefer to check raise all in on this flop as you will at least always get one extra bet. You should be less scared about the flush in a 3-bet pot as most of villains range is pocket pairs which cant have flush draws. Against an aggressive opponent I might even check/call flop then check/raise all in, even if it's a spade on the turn.

2) Pre flop play is good. Pot on the flop is 1250 and you bet 300. I would probably bet bigger here to try and isolate one opponent and get more value. Your stack size is important info that we don't have though. Turn definitely bet more, about half pot size. Villain will almost never have an over pair because most people will raise 10-10+ preflop. Therefore you are beating all one pair hands and you have back door flush draw. Check check is ok on river, but I might bet something small to get some extra value if BB is lose passive.

3) We need to know your stack size and opponent stack size to evaluate this one. KK is a super strong hand and you need to get max value when you get it. I would think your raise size is too big. 1800 (3x his raise) would be better if you are both deep. Just push all in if you are shallow (les than 20 bb stack).