This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQo MP opponent has initiative

• M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $4,41
      Hero:
      $18,73
      CO:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,40, Hero calls $0,40, 2 folds, CO calls $0,40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1,35) Q:spade: , T:diamond: , 5:club: (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,4, Hero calls $0,40, CO folds.

Turn: ($2,15) T:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,4, Hero raises to $0,90, UTG2 calls $0,50.

River: ($3,95) T:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,6, Hero calls $0,60.

Final Pot: $5,15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (6s 6d)
      Hero shows a full-house, tens full of queens (Ad Qc)

Hero wins with a full-house, tens full of queens (Ad Qc)

I played this hand a little bit conservatively, since he had 3% PFR in 89 hands.

Flop: I call his weak CBet, wanting to keep getting value on turn from Qx, Tx
      Turn: I raise/fold his again small barrel, wanting to know where I stand
      River: I guess I just called trying to control the potsize, since I wasn't sure on my Full anymore, because of his tight PFR

1. Should I have raised the flop?
      2. Should I raise bigger on the turn? I raised this small to be on the safe side: keep getting value from Qx, lose less money if he 4bets
      3.Is there any point in raising river? Is there a weaker hand that would call our raise?

Thanks in Advance!
      This is all for tonight :f_biggrin:
      Mircea
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello M1rCea,

1. Should I have raised the flop?

Nah, not really. Just isolating yourself against better hands and making worse to fold.

2. Should I raise bigger on the turn? I raised this small to be on the safe side: keep getting value from Qx, lose less money if he 4bets

If you want to raise the then definitely bigger. Doesn't make sense it to min-raise. :D But overall do you think he is capable of calling with worse?

3.Is there any point in raising river? Is there a weaker hand that would call our raise?

I'd definitely rather raise it on river than on turn. :D Since on river any kind of PP may Call you but on turn you might just isolate yourself against better hands like maybe even Tx,55.

Best regards.