[NL2-NL10] NL5 pocket pair

• Phildini
      Phildini
      Bronze
      Not sure if this has converted, first go with pokertracker.

Villain is pretty loose and has being playing a fair few hands, I think villan is about 44/15 over 25hands, from memory.

I call the initial 4bb raise in position set mining.

The flop comes low but I want to get the pot built. I'm hoping villain raised with a pair or maybe A-10 or 2 overcards and be willing to gamble. I put out a small bet hoping for villain to come over the top as he seems aggressive.

Villain re-raises, I'm not sure if he's on a hand at this point, I decide to call rather than risk making villain fold a bluff or small pair.

The turn is a blank, villain checks. I think villain is betting with a bluff 80% of the time for continuation and as the pot is now over a dollar.

As villain doesn't bet I put him on a hand, either top pair good kicker or a pocket pair, I bet half the pot to keep villain interested and to show a bit of weakness. I'm half hoping villain comes over the top and I can move all in.

Villain moves all in on the river. I can't see the flush, I am a little worried about a possible straight but think villain would have folded on the turn with straight possibilities. I put villain on an overpair or a pair of 10s and call.

Should I have pushed harder on the turn? did I get greedy?

Are there any other mistakes?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $4.75
      UTG+1: $3.56
      Hero (MP): $5.84
      CO: $1.71
      BTN: $2.49
      SB: $3.80
      BB: $1.75

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 5:club: 5:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.47, 2 players) 8:club: 5:diamond: T:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.10, UTG+1 raises to $0.33, Hero calls $0.23

Turn: ($1.13, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50

River: ($2.13, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      UTG+1 bets $2.53 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.53

UTG+1 shows J:diamond: Q:diamond: (Flush, Queen High) (PreFlop 51%, Flop 17%, Turn 23%)
      Hero shows 5:club: 5:spade: (Three of a Kind, Fives) (PreFlop 49%, Flop 83%, Turn 77%)
      UTG+1 wins $6.84
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Phildini,

Flop & turn are just really horrible. But as played the river I don't really see what kind of hands we beat. Some SDs completed even a backdoor FD completed. I'd rather lay-down on river as we played that passively on previous streets.

Seems like a draw here rather than some made hand.

Best regards.
    • Phildini
      Phildini
      Bronze
      Hey Veriz,

Once again you are correct sir.

I thought I'd played it ok, but having read your comments and re-assessed I did play like an absolute random NIT. Next time its solid value bets all the way.

From time to time I seem to get greedy and play poorly to extract maximum value to just then lose a load when it fails.

I'm very glad I posted this now, thankyou for the feedback :s_biggrin: