This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SnG HeadsUp MultiTable?

• nzmklc
      nzmklc
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

after a comeback to the poker tables (played mainly Razz and Ace-to-five lawball triple draw for a year before that) and trying out which form of poker best suits my playing style, I discovered that I'm by far best in heads-up SnG's (I'm playing on FullTilt and the rake's too high to play HU cash IMHO).

So my question is, I know a lot of you play 6-12 tables at once in regular limit or even nl ring games. I tried playing 9x 9-ppl-SnGs at once but found out that I make maximum profit while playing 3 at once. I was asking myself if any of you have experience with MULTIPLE NL HeadsUp Hold 'em SnGs at once? I imagine it to be rather hard. I really take my time in HU play, and even tho I play very tight and disciplined in ring games (still I dont make enuff profit there, but that's another topic), I dont really believe in SHCs in HU - so I really act to the situation every single time in HU and I'm pretty successful with it so far (22 wins 6 losses).

I'm providing all this extra information so you can see that I'm not playing like a machine - but I still want to improve my $/h by improving the amount of my tables.

Any help is appreciated!
  • 2 replies
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Problem with heads up is that your involved in every single hand, where as a full ring you have time where you aren't doing anything after you fold. I think this limits the amount of tables you could sucessfully multi. That being said I don't think 9 would be impossible it would just be very very hectic and you'd have be sure of your game. 6 would be more manageble, maybe start at 4 and work your way up.

As for actual play I can't advise, I'm used to heads up play in push or fold mode where the blinds are massive which obviously won't be the case for a HU match.
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      If you are playing HU SNG as a beginner you must start with only ONE table. The very successful HU players tend to play 2-4 tables. Above four i suboptimal.