Quickest and safest way to acquire 58 Party Points in 6 days

• ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Well, the title says it all. I have 6 days to get 58 points to clear a bonus, I was doing sngs up until a little while ago but encountered a swing which pretty much destroyed my BR so I gave up hope at clearing the bonus. Played a 50 player MTT sng tonight and came 3rd which has bumped my BR right back up to $37.

Now I know the quickest way to accumulate points is through sngs (the ridiculous rake is the reason) but this is by no means the most risk free for such a small BR. (Only 12 BI for the $3 limit). So I was thinking SSS. I can multi table, increasing my rake. It has comparatively less risk (18 BI @ NL10) and seems to be the best option. Do you guys agree?

I'm well aware I could still go broke pretty easily but I still wanna try and get this bonus unlocked if I can.
  • 7 replies
    • erob60
      erob60
      Gold
      SSS will get you there in no time.

1.25 PP/20 hands at NL10, so at a rate of about 70 hands/hour on a table, that's 3.3 hours 4 tabling, and a mere 2.2 hours if you're 6 tabling

With SnGs you're risking a lot more money. (For $6 and $11 tournaments its $1 rake = 2 points, but you get 2 points per 1.6 orbits in cash games, which is only $0.24 in blind money).
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      When i played at party for points i played at Limit tables 0,05/0,10 since you get 0,75points per 20 dealth cards games. You don't have to play 20games to get 0,75 points all you need is wait for right hand and you get points aswell when you don't play. That way you can play only good hands which should make you progit. Sure you won't win much money but you get save and quick points(open 8/12 tables since you'll play only good hands so you don't risk to much money). And that way you get 58points really fast with little risk.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey ManniXXX,

I would have to agree with the previous posters. If your goal is to earn quick and relatively easy Partypoints - SSS @NL10 is a very good alternative - especially when multitabeling. Considering that you should not be playing SnGs with only 12BI in the first place I would suggest you switch until you regain a proper BR.

Good luck and best regards,
      SoyCD
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Thanks guys I think I'll pursue SSS for sure, Played for an hour just now and I'm 8 points up and only $1 down so it definately seems to be the best way forward.
      I'd try FL if I didn't despise it so much :P

And hello to the new admin :)
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Wow. I'd only ever played SSS at Full tilt before I started this little endeavour but I have to say I'm pretty surprised at the difference at Party. Dunno if I'm just on an upswing but for sure people are looser which is definately helping. I remember being lucky to break even in sessions at NL10 on FT but i'm making profit practically every time I play at PP. I might of just jinxed myself but oh well ;)

tl;dr Party > Full Tilt for SSS. No doubt.
    • mrafranca
      mrafranca
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ManniXXX
      Wow. I'd only ever played SSS at Full tilt before I started this little endeavour but I have to say I'm pretty surprised at the difference at Party. Dunno if I'm just on an upswing but for sure people are looser which is definately helping. I remember being lucky to break even in sessions at NL10 on FT but i'm making profit practically every time I play at PP. I might of just jinxed myself but oh well ;)

tl;dr Party > Full Tilt for SSS. No doubt.
      Same with me.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Full Tilt is known for having a somewhat tighter atmosphere than other Poker rooms :) So yes for playing SSS party is a bit more lucrative.