Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $2.33
      Hero:
      $2.24

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5:heart: , 5:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) 9:spade: , 8:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.17, CO calls $0.17.

Turn: ($0.57) 6:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.35, CO raises to $2.06 (All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.27

Turn: I was in position, and decided to bet for free showdown, with my marginal straight. Is this was the best play?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello staktas,

Guess it shouldn't be a huge problem to play this way. Also most likely folding here is the safest play. Or do we expect the opponent to shove here 2pairs? Rarely doubt. Wouldn't even think that he would ship like this with set.

And would you bet the river as well? Or what was your plan by betting the turn?

Best regards.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      I bet turn for free showdown with my marginal straight. I would just check behind on the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by staktas
      I bet turn for free showdown with my marginal straight. I would just check behind on the river.
      If you are betting the turn for free showdown then rather Check it behind since it will be hard for him to call with a lot worse. :) It's not a spot where you should consider betting for free showdown. If he has a made straight already then he will have, not much you can protect either.