mtt result

• ultima08
      ultima08
      Basic
      well seeing as i only joined pokerstrategy.com yesterday and i actually spent around 3 hours last night browsing the site and reading lots i thought i should let you know that i finished 2nd in an mtt for EURO 192 at interpoker tonight username pokerzex it was the monthly premier vip freeroll and it is the first decent win i have had in months, a bit dissapointed that i fluffed it heads up but hey haven't been heads up in like forever lol , now where do i go for heads up help ?
  • 4 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Congratulations!

Once you get heads-up, the tournament structure doesn't matter any more. So, STTs are good practice, and the STT article on heads-up push/fold play applies to MTT play.

Most MTT players are not used to playing heads-up, and many make typical mistakes of players new to heads-up play. Many players do not adjust their hand evaluations and are too tight. One rule of thumb I use is that when the stacks are 20 bb or more, I raise T5o and 84s from the small blind heads-up. With under 20 bb, it is usually right to decrease the size of your raise, but also to tighten up slightly since you won't get a positional advantage postflop if you are all-in.
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      That looks like good advice. Its pretty impressive that you edited your post over 1200 times to get the wording just right!
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Thanks.
    • Bizaxta
      Bizaxta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RedHeater
      That looks like good advice. Its pretty impressive that you edited your post over 1200 times to get the wording just right!
      :D

Originally posted by pzhon
      STTs are good practice
      ^ This.