[NL2-NL10] nl2 - QQ Folded on flop

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Play too weak?

Didn't like to see large donk bet & figured I could easily be againt a K. Folded as unsure on whether ahead or behind and didn't want to call only to decide to fold on later streets.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $0.78
      Hero:
      $2.41
      CO:
      $1.95

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.07, 4 folds, CO calls $0.07, 2 folds, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.22) K:diamond: , T:heart: , 2:club: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.22, 2 folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.22
  • 1 reply
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I don't think this is a fold. It's such a dry board that any strong hand would more than likely go for a check/raise rather than a donk bet. It could be complete air, a draw or middle pair (More unlikely in my opinion).

A likely range for him could be something like: AJ, AQ, AT, JT, QT, QJ and then a load of small/mid pocket pairs that just bet hoping to take it down.

So it depends which part of his range you give more weight to here, his draws or his air/marginal hands. If it's his draws, raise here for value and to protect. If it's his marginal holdings, you can call and let him keep betting into you.

If you do decide to raise the flop though you will have to fold to a 3bet from him.