This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 JJ in CO facing resteal attempt

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.92)
      BB ($2.94)
      UTG ($1.13)
      UTG+1 ($1.11)
      UTG+2 ($3.27)
      MP1 ($2.02)
      Hero ($0.74)
      CO ($0.97)
      BTN ($1.87)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.28, Hero raises to $0.74 (AI), BB calls $0.46
      I would like like a real hard-core nit to anyone with a HUD, so I was surprised at the re-reraise.

The chart says to push here -- and I did, but it felt like way overplaying.
      If you assume that the BB has the standard resteal range, I'm ahead of It, so I suppose it is OK. Feels real spewy though.

What about TT, 99 & even 88?
      Equity is above break-even for those hands too, but chart says to fold if re-raised.

FLOP ($1.49) 8:club: T:club: 2:heart:

TURN ($1.49) 8:club: T:club: 2:heart: T:spade:

RIVER ($1.49) 8:club: T:club: 2:heart: T:spade: 8:heart:

Hero shows J:diamond: J:heart:
      (Pre 81%, Flop 85.8%, Turn 95.5%)

BB shows 7:club: 7:diamond:
      (Pre 19%, Flop 14.2%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero wins $1.42
  • 2 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Bronze
      Hello,

is someone in the late position sit out? If not you are sitting in middle position and the chart says to bet/fold. But you know better :)

The chart is designed to play against an average unknown player. If you know the opponent, you can deviate from the chart (but I recommend not too much). If a monster nit sits behind you who 3-bets like never in large sample size, you can fold your JJ to his reraise even though chart says push, because you are behind most of the time.
    • MrRaupE
      MrRaupE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313

is someone in the late position sit out? If not you are sitting in middle position and the chart says to bet/fold. But you know better :)

The chart is designed to play against an average unknown player. If you know the opponent, you can deviate from the chart (but I recommend not too much).
      that's correct :)

you have to adapt against the player and it depends a little bit how much you are openraising by yourself

i can't fold JJ in mp3 and you see, this player seems to be a looser one