Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $63.70
      Hero (BB): $57.25
      UTG: $41.75
      UTG+1: $20.95
      MP: $30.10
      MP+1: $50.00
      LP: $50.00
      CO: $50.00 13/10/AF:2.9/OpenRaiseCO:21/Foldv3bet:62/Cbet:64/TurnCbet:55/RiverCbet:54/RiverBetW$SD:77/RiverAF:1.5
      BTN: $43.10

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has A:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.00

Flop: ($3.25, 2 players) 2:club: 7:spade: J:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30

Turn: ($7.85, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.60, Hero calls $5.60

River: ($19.05, 2 players) 5:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $13.60, Hero calls $13.60

Is it ok to call down here or is maybe the river a time to fold?
  • 7 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      If you know he likes to 3-barrel bluff, than calldown is okay. Problem is that his betsizing looks really strong and ppl really seldomly 3barrel bluff in lower limits.

You could also 3b him for value as his co range is wide and he also doesn`t like to fold to 3b as your f23b stat shows.

As played really dunno kinda sucks to call turn and fold river, but his sizing looks strong.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      If you know he likes to 3-barrel bluff, than calldown is okay. Problem is that his betsizing looks really strong and ppl really seldomly 3barrel bluff in lower limits.

You could also 3b him for value as his co range is wide and he also doesn`t like to fold to 3b as your f23b stat shows.

As played really dunno kinda sucks to call turn and fold river, but his sizing looks strong.
      +1

except that what is the plan in case we 3bet for value and get a 4bet? fold?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02

+1

except that what is the plan in case we 3bet for value and get a 4bet? fold?
      depends how often we think player would 4-bet bluff that spot. 2 years ago players would fold always to 4-bets, nowadays they start also calling and playing postflop. With suited AJ you can also consider 3-betting and then shoving over 4-bet if you have some history against player who likes to 4-bet.
      Postflop it is standard calldown, since he may easily valuebet worse hands+ he can always 3-barrel bluff there
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Glad to see my actions have not been all stationy/spewy on nl50. I guess I was hit with the deck in a bad way over the 450 hands I tried. Will drop down to nl25 for a little while until I am back at the same BR I had before.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Postflop it is standard calldown, since he may easily valuebet worse hands+ he can always 3-barrel bluff there
      I am sry but a NL50 13/10 fr regular(assuming), is very seldomly value betting 3 streets with worse, to make this calldown a standard play.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I am sry but a NL50 13/10 fr regular(assuming), is very seldomly value betting 3 streets with worse, to make this calldown a standard play.
      AJ would definitely 3-barrel there for value and if player likes to bluff then likely also with KJ. You´re at the top of your range. What hands can you call down if you fold AJ to the river barrel? And if you prefer c/c twice and then c/f river why to call at the first place on the turn.
      If really players would not 3-barrel enough times there then I would not take that passive line. I think leading out myself 3-barrels would be then a lot better play or if you want to play it safe then c/c flop, leading turn seems also fine. But that would give you every chance to let him bluff.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      I guess this one is very close. With donkbetting I guess I could bet slightly less to make the pot a little smaller, though I think I'm rarely getting paid off by worse hands.

I am sry but a NL50 13/10 fr regular(assuming)

The sample size on him was just a few hundred hands so I can't say for sure.