PLO. Here I gogo ( and MTTs and HUSNGs!)

• GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      Hi, I thought it would be fun to blog about learning PLO pretty much from scratch. I'll be playing HU with some 6-max thrown in at random intervals.

Why?
      I am very intrigued by PLO, hopefully it will make poker fun for me again:)

I deposited a very small amount on stars to last night to play, and started at the HUsngs there (so far played 10 won 8).

Goals

None atm, just enjoy:)

I'm gunna watch all the vids I can whilst Gold and post some hands etc here
      hope you follow me :spade:
  • 21 replies
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      haha so I thought I could just waltz into the world of PLO with aggressive brm and take it by storm! Wrong! well I started off with a little heater in the first 2 days and then..I lost about 80% of my roll in a day!

I'm still going to carry on with PLO playing SH from the very bottom, 1c/2c. I think i'll leave HU for a while :)

One Last Shot

This is for blogging and Poker.
      I've made a few blogs on here that have dissapeared into the abyss. These are failure's because I am a failure, that's the truth of the situation. I can build roll's fine and I did just that on FTP before BF, but I can lose rolls faster! 2months hard work and discipline, being nitty with my bankroll, and then the switch flicks! I'll lose it all in a few hours ( a familiar story for a lot of players i guess).
      So I've just read the last 5 or so pages of TwiceT's blog, and that has motivated me alot. He has a very inspirational way about him. He pointed out the benefits of blogging in his thread; how it can motivate, improve and focus a player. There's also the benefit of interacting with the community here, with better players and people who can help which sound good to me!

The past few weeks I've been playing nlhe HU sng's on Ipoker, starting at the 2's and moving up to the 5's. I'm a winning player here on stars in a 1k sample (lost that roll, when I moved it to FTP..), so I figure this is my best game/opportunity.

A few rules,

:spade: Stick to HU sng's and 6Max trubo's
      :heart: play at least 5 hours PLO on stars a week
      :diamond: My main goal is to have solid winning results 6 months from today, If I fail I'll quit poker for good and move on.

here's a graph of my HU so far on ipoker (small sample i know):

And overall

so here I beging my journey to Deadline day 11th April 2012
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      NL Heads-up is going really well atm, solid play seems to be getting the jobs done. I'm pretty close to being rolled for 10$.

I played an interesting player the last night, he was playing really well, mixing up his play, good betting, and holding up really well as a short-stack. Anyway he ended up beating me 4-1 in games, even though in the last two games he won 3-4 flips in a row (from being short stack to winning) he still deserve to win. So I checked him out after the match on labs and it truns out he's only a 3(1 star) on there and has lost quite a bit. I don't get it! This has happened a few times to me, do they just tilt real bad or what??

Im going to do a lil fun challenge at PLO, I've studied a tiny bit and practiced lots. 10 buy-ins. Starting at 1c/2c. Well I started Tuesday actually, $10 - $30 so far. At $ 50 I will start 2c/4c and $100 5c/10c etc. Playing 3-4 tables. If i go busto then ce la vie.

btw does elephant track PLO?, gotta run now or I would check.

gl
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      Its been about 2 and a half months since the last post, but since I dont want my blog to die like the last 100, i'll give it a bump.

..the last 2.5 months. I continued to build my roll to £150. I then decided to play .25/.50 head up for rolls vs a reg, 4 tabling. I wasn't even on tilt, just had a massive urge. Smart move. I lost the lot..

..Only to find out (a month later, around Dec 12th) I have a $2 bonus to exchange for my points. Long story short I've managed to run it up to $130.

Since then i'm now a confident PLO player, both HU and 6max. I keep telling myself to stick to BRM and continue to build, but then again with me even i dont know what will happen.
      I think I have a split poker personallity. Gambling addicted degen and Super nit.

Will post my first PLO graph, when I figure out HEM
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      First ever PLO graph :)

Byat 2012-01-15
      This is 85bb/100 according to HEM, does that look right?
    • Chriffan
      Chriffan
      Bronze
      It's a little bit hard to tell if OM is right when you don't say which stakes you're playing at now ;)
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      like I said before I had to re-build from $2.

This graph is mostly PL4. with a couple of hundred .1/.2 at the start. Hope that helps :)

Just started two tabling PL10 last few days (not included in graph) and I've got a feeling my wirate will decrease a lot here..
      br at $150
    • BustoTinker
      BustoTinker
      Bronze
      Omaha has very very crazy huge variance. Even stakes like plo5. No matter if you are some crazy +EV omaha player. You can filter your graphs to show only plo and like holdem heads up so we see how you are going with different games. Filter your graph to show some stakes. If you show your graph with every stake show it with big blinds not money. Becouse now we miss important information.

I love to play holdem Heads up. I got my history with it and it´s very beatiful game of art. Micro stakes heads up has very huge rake so there is no idea to play without huge rakeback deal. Only for fun. I will someday when I am good with my omaha project start holdem heads up project that tells how I play NLH20 to highs. Stake like 0.10/0.20 got ok/big rake, but i have good rakeback deal so I dont care. And the players skill level is so terrible...

My poker career in internet started when I wonned 2€ from entraction freeroll. After that I shotted NL4 SH tables with short stacking and searching for 1 dude sitting and I wanted play heads up. After more people sitted down I changed the table. After I had grown my bankroll to 10€ I sitted down to NLH10 tables and short stackked my self and start playing. I played whole 8hours in total and builded my bankroll to 100€ and my career with internet poker was started.

GL for your project! If you study enough and do everything that you dont bust your roll you will complish this for sure! Pokerstrategy.com offers everything to beat micro stakes. Use it! Also talk with some other potential players and ask questions from really really good players and coachs like strategy.com coachis. Also 1 important thing is to watch another players game and ask question from them "like why did you play that hand?" "how you gona play that hand if the spot is different"?

GL mate! :f_thumbsup:

Edit. If that graph is from omaha ONLY. And if there is another stakes then we can think this with blinds. You are running like you have godmode. You are coming someday DOWN! very very big down. And that is the situation what test your psychical strengt! and I really hope you wont break and gamble your roll! just keep good plays and you are not gona bust your roll!
    • Chriffan
      Chriffan
      Bronze
      It looks pretty right with some adjustments.
      Please read the post above mine, he's got many good points.

And trust me. Be glad you had a real goldrush! because with 85bb/100 you will soon come to a crash landin'. And when that day comes, make sure to be ready to go down in level.
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      ^Yep +1

Had two sessions the last two days, probably 3hrs. + 5.5 stacks at PL10. Still running good obviously. Gotta take 5 days off now though.

It was pretty naughty of me 4 tabling PL10, with whats was a $180 roll. I'll probably tone it down when mr doomswitch arrives.

No traffic on the $5 PLHU SNGS on here which is pretty meh. Made $20 in 9 of them though.

Gunna try and play a few k hands before the next graph
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      Wow it's been longer than I thought...

I've had a few months off due to moving house and having no internet :O

Since then i've moved again into a house with 3 of my best buddies. And we have internet!

I started out on May 1. Withdrew all from WH and moved to Stars. Mainly because I want to start playing MTTs as well as PLO aand hunl.

So far Its going well (dont wanna jinx myself here) from my $30 deposit my roll is now $414 due to contributions from PLO5 and $1 to $5 MTTs

Its not all been plain sailing, as I've probs lost $75 shooting PLO10. I'll try again soon...
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      I accidently took the weekend off.

On Saturday I watched Game of thrones, followed by a kickaround and then tuned in for the champions league final

On Sunday I finished Season 1 of Game of thrones. Then taught my friend how to play LOTR BFME on PC. Followed by watching the fellowship of the ring.

It was a good weekend.

Last night I fired up some micro MTTs, and I made a little over $50

Today I'm gunna try the HU scene.

$473
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      I'm pretty good at losing money in PLO atm.

But I'm addicted... Help!

Edit: I'm up now. I'm awesome at PLO =)

It's a lovely day outside. The sun is shining and I live 2 minutes from the beach. Shame.
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      Challenge of the day:

10x180's

Results to follow :spade:
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      So, how'd the time at the beach end up yesterday?

Good luck with the 180s, which limit?
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      The poker God's were not with me this morning. And they didn't Join me for lunch.

Pots: I won some I should have lost and I lost more that I should have won.

Seems like I was a runway for American Airlines.

You can only get it in good and let the Gods do the rest I suppose.

It was fun though and I'm gonna give it another go later today/night or tomorrow :f_biggrin:

Off to play HUSNG's to try and scoop some $$ back...

Originally posted by fruktpuff
      So, how'd the time at the beach end up yesterday?

Good luck with the 180s, which limit?
      Beach was fun, they built a reef out there. It's pretty cool.

I'm messing with the 3.50's atm. Wish me luck for tonight :)
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Ship them all and then report back to us!
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      Today, I got crushed hard. -$140 today. You all know the story.

I was going to make a chicken sweet and sour to celebrate a good day. Now I'll make one to cheer myself up :) :diamond:
    • GambitCards
      GambitCards
      Bronze
      Today's Challenge:

10x180s

[ ] Cash

Which approach do you prefer towards a days MTT session?

(a) Don't expect to win, just play, focused, but with no goals/expectations

(b) Play expecting a score. You are good enough, you should make a deep run for sure.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      "Don't play only to get ITM, play to win."

Best MTsng advice I ever got.