Change Hand Range

• patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Can we change Equilab' default hand range?

For example: if we type 7% it show 88+,ATs+,KTs+,AQo+. I want to change it to something like 22+, AK+, AKs+. The default range is more suitable to LHE, IMHO.
      I know this is not so easy, but if Equilab rank the hands in a saved text file, I imagine user can change the sequence of the hands rank
  • 7 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi patszerdonk,

Thank you for your suggestion. There are indeed different rankings and it might make sense to add additional rankings as well.

I will forward it to our developers.

Best regards
      Hannes
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Good news! Your idea is already on our todo list. At the moment the following stuff is planned:

[Equity vs. 1 random hand]
      [Equity vs. 2 random hands]
      [Equity vs. 3 random hands (similar PokerStove)]
      [exactly PokerStove (similar Equity vs. 3 random hands)]
      [Karlson-Sklansky Hand Ranking]
      [Billings Davidson Schaeffer Szafron Hand Ranking]

You will be then be able to select one of the rankings.

Best regards
      Hannes
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      WOW Greeat!!! :D I train a lot with it and sometimes I think/feel Equilab is the most underrated software in poker. I hope the development team working on it.

Note: BTW, sometimes I think/feel that Equilab (along with Elephant) is not developed by a team of fulltime software engineers, but a single person doing it as leisure job :tongue:
      I admit this must be wrong of course :D
    • tigerjack89
      tigerjack89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesZ
      Good news! Your idea is already on our todo list. At the moment the following stuff is planned:

[Equity vs. 1 random hand]
      [Equity vs. 2 random hands]
      [Equity vs. 3 random hands (similar PokerStove)]
      [exactly PokerStove (similar Equity vs. 3 random hands)]
      [Karlson-Sklansky Hand Ranking]
      [Billings Davidson Schaeffer Szafron Hand Ranking]

You will be then be able to select one of the rankings.

Best regards
      Hannes
      So, the same of equilator, isn't it?
      It is the only thing that equilab has less of equilator; in the other things he has outclassed his predecessor!! Congratulations for the work!!!

gl
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

I'd really like if you could implement the so called Stox-Hood range, that is the most precise hand ranking for FLHE these days.

Edit: I was able to mod the .ini file to show Stox-Hood for me BTW, so if anybody wants to use a different ranking, just change stuff in the Handrangkings.ini file.

Cheers,
      madorjan
    • tigerjack89
      tigerjack89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by madorjan
      Hi Guys,

I'd really like if you could implement the so called Stox-Hood range, that is the most precise hand ranking for FLHE these days.

Edit: I was able to mod the .ini file to show Stox-Hood for me BTW, so if anybody wants to use a different ranking, just change stuff in the Handrangkings.ini file.

Cheers,
      madorjan
      How does this file work? There are a lot of predefined range, but I can't choiche them when open equilab.
      Thanks in advance.

gl
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      I don't know either, just copy pasted my choice of range to replace every range that's in the file.:D