This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl6 Fr Jj 11.08

• UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      - $0.06 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG+1: $6.05
      MP: $7.12
      MP+1: $6.24
      LP: $5.33
      CO: $4.00
      BTN: $7.49
      SB: $5.40
      Hero (BB): $6.00
      UTG: $5.96

SB posts SB $0.03, Hero posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.21, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.21, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.66, 3 players) 3:club: T:spade: 6:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.42, MP+1 calls $0.42, Hero calls $0.42

Turn: ($1.92, 3 players) 5:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG checks, MP+1 bets $1.44, Hero calls $1.44, fold

River: ($4.80, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero checks, MP+1 checks

Hero shows J:spade: J:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 81%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      MP+1 shows T:club: T:heart: (Three of a Kind, Tens) (Pre 19%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      MP+1 wins $4.52

I think that I played this hand horrible I mean on the turn... I should have donk bet on the turn and play bet/fold. what do u think?
  • 5 replies
    • Phildini
      Phildini
      Bronze
      this is more discussion than advice cos I'm not the worlds greatest.

I find a hand like this very tricky.

You have JJ which is a very strong hand, however you are out of position against an UTG aggressor.

Unless you have a prior read utg is likely to be strong, MP1's call shows weakness.

I would probably re-raise as I don't want to play a flop out of position against unknown ranges.

I raise preflop to try and take MP1s dead money and also to assess what UTG has. If utg moves all in I fold. Anything else I assess once its happened.

The hand then becomes very tricky as there's likely 2 pocket pairs that might have hit, or alternatively utg has AK and is conti-betting. Either way again I think raise to find out or fold on the flop.
    • PewPewPoker
      PewPewPoker
      Bronze
      Hi BGawli,

I think this hand is very read dependant. Is UTG very loose aggressive, or rather a TAG? If he is a TAG, I would fold the turn I think. I just cant think of any hand you would beat. AT maybe, but most players don't raise this hand from UTG. I don't see him bet 77, 88 or 99 on the turn, so the range I would put him on is TT+ and maybe AsJs+ (and if he opens every pocketpair, 33 and 66 as well) and you're not doing very well against that range.

So unless he is some kind of lag/maniac, i would c/f the turn. It might sound weak to fold an overpair, but don't underestimate the fact that he opened from UTG (which indicates a strong range in de first place).

Good luck at the tables :)

-Manuel
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Most likely I'd be inclined to fold it on turn, we don't beat that many holdings.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      thanks guys for posts!!!
      3B preflop vs unknown player for UTG is out of question...

Coach... when I decided to just call preflop JJ, should I treat it for hiting set like 22-TT?
      I hate play OP passively what do u think if I donkbet on the flop and turn?
      Look at this hand... I called two streets and I was passive and I could have won this pot only by kindness opponent at showdown... if I bet on the flop and after on the turn I would have been probably rr and I would have made to fold but there is a lot fold equity. In both situation I would lose the same amount of money but with one detail. In first I took passive line, in second aggressive line. I think that aggression is better.
      I played this hand like u said, I mean on the flop... I still don't understand this line.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Coach... when I decided to just call preflop JJ, should I treat it for hiting set like 22-TT?

Something similar but we still can play it as an overpair too. :)