This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 KQs in SB

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      This one played oddly.
      It was my second time in the SB at this table.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($0.89)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($2.04)
      UTG+1 ($0.72)
      UTG+2 ($3.41)
      MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($1.85)
      CO ($3.56)
      BTN ($2.34) 28/14/0/2 vpip/pfr/3bet/af 141 hands

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.03, fold
      There is no range for "resteal" from the SB.
      However, using Equilab, I can see that this hand is ahead of even the PokerStrategy OpenRaising "tight" range from the button.
      Since his raise was small, I thought that with a call I could see a flop cheaply.

FLOP ($0.10) Q:club: K:heart: T:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.33, BTN calls $0.23
      I almost never check/raise (2% overall), but this seemed like an ideal spot to give it a try. I didn't want him to fold by donking, but I would have been happy to take it down here. His call surprised me, since I was expecting a fold -- no idea why I was expecting it, but I did.

TURN ($0.76) Q:club: K:heart: T:diamond: 4:spade:

Hero bets $0.50, BTN raises to $1, Hero calls $0.02 (AI)
      This looks weird, but I just clicked the "Raise" button, not noticing that I the slider hadn't reached the end.

RIVER ($1.80) Q:club: K:heart: T:diamond: 4:spade: 5:heart:

BTN shows 8:spade: J:spade:
      (Pre 32%, Flop 28.9%, Turn 18.2%)

Hero shows Q:spade: K:spade:
      (Pre 68%, Flop 71.1%, Turn 81.8%)

Hero wins $1.71

All in all I think I would have been better off 3Betting preflop, and CBetting post.
  • 2 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Bronze

All in all I think I would have been better off 3Betting preflop, and CBetting post.
      Definitely. Unless you have a read that some player is trying to trap with open minraises, you can treat a minraise as two limpers, because it is weak. I think you can raise it to $0,12 preflop and then c-bet the flop.
    • MrRaupE
      MrRaupE
      Bronze
      against a minraise you can 3bet this preflop to 0,12$

as played it's postflop a nh (turn you should push directly, but you have noticed that)