[NL2-NL10] NL10 TT - 3bet, 3way

• Jaissica
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:heart: , T:club:
      UTG2 raises to $0.30, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.30, MP3 raises to $1.30, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.05) Q:club: , J:spade: , T:spade: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.5, UTG2 raises to $5.80, Hero folds

Thoughts? Loose re-call, made it because I figured a set would be nearly certain to get paid in a 3 way, giving narrow odds in favor with the money already in play.

I enjoyed this hand because it was amusing how easy it was to fold trips in a 3bet pot. I'm not sure I ever have before.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Jaissica,

Even calling this preflop is pretty marginal. We are getting ~11:1 so practically ain't the greatest implied odds.

And as played the flop ain't the bet for us, that's true. He may easily have a lot of better sets here and even a straight possible. But what do you think how would that guy play his KK/AA preflop? What about something like KQs?

And while we haven't invested money into the pot that much it really comes up to the opponent we see him. As he even has W$SD 57 which is pretty good therefore I might even be inclined to fold here as well since it really seems like a stronger holding.

Best regards.