$9.27
      CO:
      $2.65
      BU:
      $9.15
      SB:
      $11.73

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7, 6.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.35, 4 folds, SB raises to $0.90, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.80, Hero calls $0.55.

Flop: ($2.8) 8, 3, 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.8) 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG2 bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90, SB folds.

River: ($4.6) 3 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60.

Final Pot: $7.8.

UTG+1 limps, I isolate (mb too loose since there are players left to act) and SB 3bets, normally I would fold but since limper jumps in I am more inclined to call. Flop goes c/c/c and that's a surprise if a 3bettor had a good hand he would cbet 100% I have a pair but it doesn't look that strong.

Question 1: should we bet flop IP since nobody seems interested?

On the turn SB checks again and it is now a fact he missed, however limper takes initiative. Now with a pair and a gutshot I fell I have enough to call esp since there is a lot of draws he might be playing this way.

Question 2: Should we raise turn (since his bet is pretty small and looks like a blockbet)? If yes then how much and what to do if he ships.

SB goes out and pretty blankish card falls on the river and he bets 1/3 of the pot which seems pretty weak so I deiced to call and catch some of his missed draws.
  • 5 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Do you have any info on SB.

I'm not too sure I like it preflop, it's very close between calling and folding in my opinion, especially since SB isn't full stacked.

Postflop, however, I do like your play. It's fine to check behind the flop, and on the turn when SB bets small I would class this as showing weakness. I suppose you could raise the turn, but I don't think that achieves much, if anything. It's turning a hand that may very well have showdown value into a bluff where nothing worse can call. River is fine again because of the weakness he shows with such a small bet, plus the fact the 3h doesn't change anything :) I would expect him to show up with a lot of A high hands or incomplete flush draws here.

One question, what would you do if the river was a different card? For example, an Ace, a King or a diamond?

Well played postflop imo :)
    • Steelbrewer
      Steelbrewer
      Silver
      Pretty hard to give an honest answer since I know what the cards where :D .

My plan was folding to a diamond pretty much whatever he bets
      (unless it is 5d and he minbets).

I would probably call A or K depending on his bet size since

a) He would probably play AK more aggressive preflop after SB investments.

b) I don't think he would call AQ, AJ, KJ, KQ preflop unless it is suited.

c) A an K are just soo tempting to bluff at since he probably has an idea of what I have.

Didn't have much stats on SB atm, only 3-4 orbits but he had 3bet pretty active + he was 3 betting from blinds.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Given the fact he has open limped preflop and is also not full stacked we can assume he isn't a good player at this point, meaning it is possible he would limp/call with AJ+ and other suited aces. I don't tihnk he has an overpair as he would have bet the flop, as even the fish know that overpairs are vulnerable, unless he had a slowplayed QQ+ of course. But since you already know what he had I guess he didn't have an Ax hand and did, in fact, have an incomplete flush? :D

Also, when I asked about info on SB, I actually meant UTG2 :D
    • Steelbrewer
      Steelbrewer
      Silver
      he rivered a flush draw :rolleyes:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Steelbrewer,

Preflop: While we even getting somewhat great odds then shouldn't be that huge problem if you Call here while you even have the most important thing, "position".

As played
      Flop: Don't like the Check behind here at all. If they had any kind of pair then they would very likely protect. This means they rather don't have any made hand. What's the reason why I would bet here? We need to protect our hand from any kind of overpairs and of course even draws. There is no way I am going to Check behind and then start doing hero-calls on turn. We as well trying to get a free card on turn to avoid them betting if an overcard comes.

As played
      Turn: Kinda cruel what nothing much you can do here against that kind of donk. Would be of course an option to turn our hand into bluff as well and even raise it for free showdown and protection from any kind of draw. Which is even sometimes the case for me. But I would play the hand whole differently on flop.

As played
      River: Nothing much to add as you went for passive line. He might even turn his hand into bluff here.

Best regards.