Calling with pocket pairs

• 4 replies
    • jasonforan
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      article on the call 15/call 20 rule

I read this article and realized that my play with low pockets and even bigger pockets after raisers is something that needs to be improved. I just wanted to ask: how do you suggest playing small to medium pocket pairs and do you agree with the advice given in the article?
      I had the same dilemma for awhile but now i usually raise my medium pairs.I usually fold small pocket pairs from early position and raise them in late position.Quite often a c bet on the flop gets the job done and often mediums pairs can be good when going to show down.I play sit n gos by the way.Im not a fan of limping much so i might just be bias :D
      Try reading the article! It is an interesting read!

I also would like to raise the question: how does your play with small to medium pockets generally differ when playing on micro limits/ low to medium limits?
    • pzhon
      I count on better implied odds in lower stakes games, and I more often open-limp with low pocket pairs in early position. Open-limping is a very ugly play to me which leaves me vulnerable to any observant player, but according to my database it's profitable in low stakes games since the players are more passive and then pay off more often.
    • Gerovit
      That discussion is from 3,5 yeaas ago, so its pretty outdated.
      These days people rarely limp with pp's unless they have multiple callers before them or they certain that players yet to act are passive (both of which is rare these days even on micro limits).
      Therefore you should be inclined to open raise or fold pp's. From ep you should open 99+ and for eg. from button any pair