Tiered of losing Br N Focus ..

• Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      Hey everyone i been playing recreational for 9 years losing player obviously . At times I can be a shark and at times I can be a fish . I need to Know how you guys do it mentally and physiclly play everyday winning n losing sessions. Especially after losing sessions is there somthing you do besides review hands n etc. I h ave said this many times but this time no more troll for me. Tiered of seeing everyone on this forum with a blog n winning money while im just sitting here playing when I want to. Currently have a bankroll of 30 dollars on pokerstars and doing the .25 n .10 sit n gos they have on there. doing no more then 3 tables. But gonna move down to 2 tables till I start cashing in on a constant basis. Just wondering for a beginner like me who is starting to take it seriously and want to earn a profit is there any books or articles I should read. If so list a couple and I will purchase then while reading will post questions in the forum about the bookw her im having trouble learning.. Thank you Poker strategy for your help in the future to come
  • 8 replies
    • tatisan
      tatisan
      Bronze
      On William Hill there is a type of tournament called "Allin mania" or something like that. Every hand, everybody is all in :D
      Well, .25 and .10 SNG's are not that far from the All in tournament. Too much luck involved.

I suggest you start in the "Strategy" section here on PokerStrategy.
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      Internet went crazy, bad post.Read one comment below :)
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Hi Gunn! I'm going through the same things you mentioned and of course trying to deal with them and learn. This morning's update from my blog seems relevant:

"So I've played more than 200 games [sngs] now and the biggest lesson learned so far was that suck outs, bad beats and coolers are not only inevitable but necessary. You hear this from experienced players from time to time but I never really got it until I began to live it.

It seems that poker winnings come from being able to sustain these runs of bad luck, not only in $ but mentally, and then win some more. Poker is like a bicycle: Bankroll management to sustain losses is one wheel. Playing a lot of volume is the other. But if you want to go far you've got to steer with a lot of studying and sit on some mental discipline."
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shehanshah
      1.Read all the sng bronze articles and watch the videos and strictly follow them.
      1.Read all the sng bronze articles and watch the videos and strictly follow them.

4.Post some hands in the forum which u find difficult to get some help on them.
      5.Post some hands in the forum which u find difficult to get some help on them.
      6.Post some hands in the forum which u find difficult to get some help on them.

Dont get me wrong coz i repeated the lines, I am just trying to help u. These are the common mistakes most players do. And dont ever tilt or post bad beat stories coz these only have negative effect on ur game. I know it's inevitable to tilt so when u tilt unregister from the rest of the tournies and play the running tournies properly and then shut down ur pc. If u r losing for 3 days take a day break and after that continue playing. Have a night out or spend the day on excercise or smoking if u smoke :D . It's not 3 tables for which u r losing, it's variance. I would say put as much volume as u want. So go and 4 table if possible provided that u strictly follow the articles.Ever wander why the people who are constantly moving up stakes are winning players??? Coz they don't see the money in their cashier as real money, rather they think it as points or buyins. Poker money is only real money when u cashout and spend it on urself ok!! So, dont go bazooka if u lose 100$ in 2 days coz this isn't money in ur pocket. Move up stakes when u have 250 buyins for a bigger game. Dont take shots just play them when u have the right bankroll to play them.
      Make targets for example: I will play 250 games in a week no matter what. Let them suck out on me without tilting coz they can beat me in 2 games but i would hv crushed them in 1000 games by an amazing lead of 200 games.Also watch the regs, they way they play and their styles. Dont take everything that they do for granted. Grasp the things which u think will help ur play and try to adapt to different blind levels and the required aggression. Don't do anything else while playin poker like watchin youtube or movies or sumthing else.
      I really hope that u start ur own blog and show me ur winning graph as u r so annoyed for u losses. Hope it helps u. Good luck :]
    • tatisan
      tatisan
      Bronze
      Also you should plan to attend the coaching session here on pokerstrategy
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      thanks guys for the great advice . I do have holdem maneger but have trouble setting it up if anyone could help me that be great. I do have skype n etc im currently taken a week hiatuious from the game to refresh and get hungry again. SO all be on here posting an dlearning the articles. thanks for the advice keep it coming ...
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey Gunn did you manage to set up your HEM? if not let me know what the problem is or contact me on skype: externaluseonly89 il try and help you out there,

Carl
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tatisan
      Well, .25 and .10 SNG's are not that far from the All in tournament. Too much luck involved.
      Too much luck for what?

Bad play usually means you can win at a greater rate than if your opponents play decently. Low stakes games where your opponents don't care about playing well and have no idea what winning play looks like are great for players with a small bankroll. Your skill advantage should be much larger than in higher stakes games. If it isn't, then you don't understand the basics yet.

I recommend playing in very small stakes games. Learn how to beat bad players. Make sure you know why you are winning, not just what seems to work. Get used to playing winning poker (not necessarily winning each day, but making good decisions). Move up slowly as your skill improves.