MP+1: $5.52
      LP: $4.02
      CO: $5.51
      Hero (BTN): $5.80
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.80

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has K:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.04, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.46, 2 players) 9:club: 8:diamond: 5:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.46, 2 players) A:heart:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.23, UTG+1 calls $0.23

River: ($0.92, 2 players) Q:spade:
      UTG+1 bets $0.69, Hero ???

pre flop: villain is a tight player, he limps, standard raise from me with that hand on the BTN he calls i put him on a small-mid pocket pair or a big ace

flop: he checks- i though he might have a monster (set) or air i check behind mainly for pot control and also my hand isn't so strong with that flop

turn: Ace from space a good card for me...he ckecks i bet half the pot for value he calls if he had a set or 2 pair Ax he will check raise or lead bet on the turn so i think im ahead in that spot

river: Q

i will not tell my thoughts on river, i'm waiting for your comments and your thoughts i will post the result soon...
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello totalfish,

There can be different possibilities here. He might just wanted to get some value since your bet on turn was really weak. He could easily have even himself the Ax hand or even wanted to bluff. If we adding bluff into his range then we could easily even consider doing the Call but can we?

So from that point it really depends on the opponent. What kind of stats he plays and etc. It's really hard to say if you even haven't seen the opponent playing or any stats as you actually have there the stats. I could say call is ok here for the reason I still expect him even to bluff in this spot. But now again some draws even completed like JT/some 2pairs are possible. And if he really had only Ax then I doubt that he would donk like that.

Might just have avoided that when getting a bit bigger on turn ~$0,30.

Best regards.
    • totalfish
      totalfish
      Bronze
      UTG+1 bets $0.69, Hero calls $0.69

UTG+1 shows A:club: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 25%, Flop 15%, Turn 7%)
      Hero mucks K:spade: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 75%, Flop 85%, Turn 93%)
      UTG+1 wins $2.15

if he had JT why he would play so passive check on the flop/ check on the turn i mean he would have a clean oesd+2 overcards on the flop.

unfortunatly i don't have a big sample of hands thats why i didn't put any stats but from his play it seems he is a tight player.

i will agree with you about the turn i should bet more, you have right about 2 pairs (AQ) and before i make the call i said to my self he has AQ but i couldn't lay down my hand its a situation that you know that you are beat but u make the call...