This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2- JJ preflop fold against a nit

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

my opponent in this hand was a preflop nit with 4.5 % PFR in nearly 100 hands. Postflop he was very aggressive with 4.5 AF and cbetted the flop every time to that point.

I folded because I thought, against his range a 3bet with JJ is esentially a bluff and I didn't want to just call his big raise, not even from the button. I had relatively bad odds for set mining and I knew, if I call, I'll face a cbet on the flop, and without overcards I'll have to call the flop if I call preflop and the pot will be big on the turn without knowing where I am with JJ.....+ if there is an overcard, like a Q, he still could bluff with AK and I won' t know where I'm with my hand either.

I think, this was the safest play, but after the hand I thought I' m a bigger nit than he is.... :D

What do you think?

Thanks and best wishes!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01/$0.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

MP2 ($2.40)
      MP3 ($2.00)
      CO ($1.65)
      BTN ($1.99) (Hero)
      SB ($0.47)
      BB ($2.37)
      UTG ($1.97)
      UTG+1 ($1.30)
      UTG+2 ($0.40)
      MP1 ($1.98)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      1 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.13, 5 folds,
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

We have the position and we don't have to 3bet it. But we can still play for set value, don't we?:) Therefore, myself I'd call for set value. We are getting ~16:1 so sounds fine for me.

Best regards.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Ohh....thanks....while being in the hand I somehow managed to misscalculate the odds and didn't recalculate while posting the hand....I thought I had a little less than that. I need to play more to get used to making calculations while being in the hand and having tachycardia and adrenaline in my blood.... :D