[NL2-NL10] NL2- JJ preflop fold against a nit

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

my opponent in this hand was a preflop nit with 4.5 % PFR in nearly 100 hands. Postflop he was very aggressive with 4.5 AF and cbetted the flop every time to that point.

I folded because I thought, against his range a 3bet with JJ is esentially a bluff and I didn't want to just call his big raise, not even from the button. I had relatively bad odds for set mining and I knew, if I call, I'll face a cbet on the flop, and without overcards I'll have to call the flop if I call preflop and the pot will be big on the turn without knowing where I am with JJ.....+ if there is an overcard, like a Q, he still could bluff with AK and I won' t know where I'm with my hand either.

I think, this was the safest play, but after the hand I thought I' m a bigger nit than he is.... :D

What do you think?

Thanks and best wishes!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01/$0.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

MP2 ($2.40)
      MP3 ($2.00)
      CO ($1.65)
      BTN ($1.99) (Hero)
      SB ($0.47)
      BB ($2.37)
      UTG ($1.97)
      UTG+1 ($1.30)
      UTG+2 ($0.40)
      MP1 ($1.98)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      1 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.13, 5 folds,
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

We have the position and we don't have to 3bet it. But we can still play for set value, don't we?:) Therefore, myself I'd call for set value. We are getting ~16:1 so sounds fine for me.

Best regards.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Ohh....thanks....while being in the hand I somehow managed to misscalculate the odds and didn't recalculate while posting the hand....I thought I had a little less than that. I need to play more to get used to making calculations while being in the hand and having tachycardia and adrenaline in my blood.... :D