[NL2-NL10] NL10, AT, BB; cold called a Reg's IsoRaise

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      UTG1 is a passive limp-happy fish. CO is a regular (13/11, total steal=67 over 47 hands).
      To me this looked like a classic example of an isolation raise. I decided to call as I thought the reg would Iso with weak holdings (hoping to outplay the fish having position and initiative). Plus, I was convinced he would bluff at A-high flops quite a lot, and could even be holding a weaker Ace.

ON FLOP: I don't raise as that would either fold out his bluffs and weaker hands or isolate me against his stronger hands.
      ON TURN: I checked to give him an opportunity to bluff on the River.
      RIVER: He does what I expected him to do - takes a stab. I call.

Is that play, in those circumstances, and against that opponent, EV+?
      Thanks.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.86)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($12.38)
      UTG+1 ($4.31)
      UTG+2 ($7.54)
      MP1 ($9.26)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($10.23)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: A:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.40, fold

FLOP ($1.15) A:spade: 7:diamond: J:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

TURN ($2.55) A:spade: 7:diamond: J:club: J:diamond:

Hero checks, CO checks

RIVER ($2.55) A:spade: 7:diamond: J:club: J:diamond: 3:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.33, Hero calls $1.33

CO shows A:heart: K:heart: (Pre 75%, Flop 86.6%, Turn 96.6%) Hero shows T:diamond: A:club: (Pre 25%, Flop 13.4%, Turn 3.4%) CO wins $4.96
  • 4 replies
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      I dunno, over 47 hands think you should take his 11 pfr quite literally. I'd personally fold. but postflop think its good, call, check for pot control so you can call a small bet on river, but id expect him to have a better ace most of the time.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      so you think he's to tight to do what I expected of him (iso raise the donk with marginal and bet flop&river with worse).

I guess it's pretty close... we can't say much when looking at data from 47 hands, though. As we gather more info on him it might develop both ways: nit/reg.
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      Yeah I agree, I'm not sure if we can call him a reg just because he has a reasonable vpip/pfr. He could well just be raising over limper cos he has a good hand. Don't think theres enough proof to show he thinking that deeply.
      If you knew he was doing what you expected it would obviously be good idea to do it though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Preflop: Rather fold the ATo hand here. You way too often dominated and will be playing OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Do you think CO is able to bluff on river like that? I'd actually rather bet myself there and might get called by QQ/KK.

Best regards.